What's new

Prince purple

Ok, a purple ink fitting a tribute to Prince. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I don't know. Was the rain any particular shade of purple?

Maybe Pilot Iroshizuku Murasaki Shikibu. Not my everyday sort of purple, but a cool name.

I thought I read in this forum somewhere that Noodler's makes your pen explode. Was that an exaggeration?

Explode? Nah. But routinely melt sacs? Sure. Eat the diaphragm of SBRE Brown's Edison Menlo Pump-Filler? Yeah (and he's a guy that knows his pens and pen maintenance). Kill the feeds on Lamy Safaris? Sure. But put a Baystate ink in a Platimun Preppy or Noodlers Pen and go nuts.

J. Herbin Violette Pensee, my everyday ink, is a true rich purple/violet, not too much red, beloved by 200 years of French school kids. Perfect for a Prince tribute.

Explode? Nah. But routinely melt sacs? Sure. Eat the diaphragm of SBRE Brown's Edison Menlo Pump-Filler? Yeah (and he's a guy that knows his pens and pen maintenance). Kill the feeds on Lamy Safaris? Sure. But put a Baystate ink in a Platimun Preppy or Noodlers Pen and go nuts.

I only use the Baystate inks in Platinum Preppies.

The ink that destroyed SBRE Brown's Edison Menlo wasn't a Baystate ink though. it was Liberty's Elysium.

As for purple, I had a sample of Diamine Damson once. It was nice...just not a bright purple.

$IMG_2597.JPG

I have had a sample of this sitting in my wish list for a while now, and it just never actually makes it into my cart. How do you like it performance wise? It's hard for me to pull the trigger on a color I know I wont use regularly.

I found has performed excellent in my Metropolitan Violet Leopard for over a year. As a result, I keep it in my almost daily use while other inks get rotated.

Gene

Top Bottom