What's new

Thayers Witch Hazel Scents compared

I currently have Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber. I like the effectiveness of TWH but on the fence in regards to the scent.
Wife claims I smell like an old cucumber. I don't recall that scent but I'll take her word on it.
Looking for feedback from those who have tried a variety of TWH or who found one to be more "acceptably pleasing" in scent.
Wondered about the rose but didn't want to smell like a flower either.

I personally enjoy the Lemon scented Thayers. Doesn't last long and who doesn't like lemon......

Last edited:
They make an unscented version with aloe. That's what I use with a bit of added glycerin. No scent at all.

I use the unscented with Aloe myself.

But a lot of times I add a few drops of Menthol concentrate to what I splash on my face.

Talk about wide awake!

i have a few of the Thayer items and enjoy them all.
Any scent quickly dissipates.
All have nice skin refreshing and toning qualities.
The astringent ones have some sting; the non-astringents are more soothing.
Whole Foods has several of the scents for testing in the health & beauty aisle.

$thayer comp.jpg

I currently have Thayer's Peach, Cucumber, Medicated, and After Shave Witch Hazel. I usually have Lavender also but I am out. I have also tried the Lemon. None of the scents last long enough to really worry about it but I will say that the Cucumber scent lasts the longest out of the ones that I have tried. The Cucumber I keed in the fridge and use for days that really need some cooling and/or healing more than other days. Works great on sunburns also. I am really enjoying the medicated (smells a little like cloves and goes well with bay rum or sandalwood AS or anything a little spicy or musky). If you are concerned about scent, Lavender works well with most any other scent, but really so do all the others.

I couldn't stand the 'old smelling' cucumber. I poured it out. Unscented and alcohol free remains my favorite.

Top Bottom