What's new

Franklin Barbecue Book

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
All will be forgiven when the kitchen is finished. Heck, you may even be able to finagle another new toy for yourself. :thumbup1:

Brucered, good luck this morning! Enjoy the road trip with the kiddos and let's see the new hardware when you get home!

I'm currently finishing up chapter four as I type this.
I don't have a pic from the full ad right now, but when I asked what Aarong thought of it via PM, he seemed to think it was a good one. The smoke stack is in the correct spot (as he pointed out), the metal seems thicker then big box ones, no wood table and the wheels are also metal (good signs I think). He said the cooking chamber was 16" x 32" and the fire box was 16" x 16" (same as Horizon classic)

In the end, it's only a $200 (low) to $300 (asking) gamble. If it doesn't work out for me or sucks, it will easily sell for that locally and I'm out a road trip and gas. It will finally give me something to use my in Box, Never used, purchased years ago, Tel-Tru BQ300 that I picked up to use on a Weber or UDS that I never did.

Here are a few extra shots he sent me when I asked about the condition of the inside and grates.

$unnamed (1).jpg$unnamed (2).jpg$unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Brucered, that looks awesome! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
My wife had to go out for the day, but I managed to break her the news before she left.

I got a yellow light feeling on the purchase but am taking that as a GO FOR IT. :w00t:

My youngest is already planning out what we can fit on it...a couple briskets, some ribs, a few racks of ribs, some chicken wings! I've trained them well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the chicken wing tip Bruce, could be I just need to turn up the heat on them. That's a nice looking smoker, hope all that works out for you. I agree, kitchen renovation = leverage.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My wife had to go out for the day, but I managed to break her the news before she left.

I got a yellow light feeling on the purchase but am taking that as a GO FOR IT. :w00t:

My youngest is already planning out what we can fit on it...a couple briskets, some ribs, a few racks of ribs, some chicken wings! I've trained them well.
Bruce, I hope she didn't say "do whatever the @&$# you want", because that doesn't mean what you may think it does :biggrin:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I learnt it is sometimes better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
I would be happy to sleep on the sofa for a week to get one of those, at that price.

@Bruce. That looks like a score for the price. Hope it works out well for you.

So what is the first thing you are going to cook on it?

Last edited:
Bruce, I hope she didn't say "do whatever the @&$# you want", because that doesn't mean what you may think it does [emoji3]
No no, it was all good. She was fine with it. After 15y, she knows me and is fine with a minor splurge here and there. Now she'll be able to say 'what am I going to spend my $300 on', until she finds a splurge item she wants. We don't smoke (except food), gamble or drink.....so I'm OK with buying an item like this every now and then.

It's in the van, smoke stack off and weighs a ton. The stack alone weighs more then most of the smokers I've seen in stores here. And seems very thick gauge, nice welds, no rusting and heavy duty grates. I couldn't be happier with my initial impressions of it.

I didn't even haggle with the guy as I knew the price was more than fair.

Once I get it out and back together, I'll post some pics.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
No no, it was all good. She was fine with it. After 15y, she knows me and is fine with a minor splurge here and there. Now she'll be able to say 'what am I going to spend my $300 on', until she finds a splurge item she wants.

Good news. Give and take is what it is all about.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
It's in the van, smoke stack off and weighs a ton. The stack alone weighs more then most of the smokers I've seen in stores here. And seems very thick gauge, nice welds, no rusting and heavy duty grates. I couldn't be happier with my initial impressions of it.

I didn't even haggle with the guy as I knew the price was more than fair.

Once I get it out and back together, I'll post some pics.

Here, let me help you lift that Bruce.

Top Bottom