What's new

Where to by ties online

As the title states I am looking for a great on-line tie shop. The reason you ask... for some reason this amazing lady agreed to marry me. We are into planning this shindig for next summer and have decided on many things including colours, That said I need to find the right colour tie for me and my groomsmen. However I am looking for orange ties and they are not so easy to come by. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Your happy event is not until next summer. It should be a wonderful day which will live long in the memories of all involved. Take your time and check out ties where you can get your hands on them. I would rather not buy ties for a group for such an important event on-line.

Your happy event is not until next summer. It should be a wonderful day which will live long in the memories of all involved. Take your time and check out ties where you can get your hands on them. I would rather not buy ties for a group for such an important event on-line.

I agree with this 100%. Also, it would be a fun thing to look for with your fiancee. Just about every single thing you're going to be researching/browsing/shopping for over the next year will be either for the event itself or for her. This would be one of the rare occasions that you get a little front-and-center attention. I know I appreciated it after leafing through literally hundreds of pages of flower arrangements. Also, orange can be a tricky color and in my opinion tends to vary greatly from online photos. Orange can veer off to autumnal very fast (like burnt orange or rust color) so it would make sense to see them in person.

Trust me I pick through ties every chance I get. However as mentioned above orange is a tricky colour hence looking at all my options. I believe custom made my be the way I go in the end but no harm in asking.

Trust me I pick through ties every chance I get. However as mentioned above orange is a tricky colour hence looking at all my options. I believe custom made my be the way I go in the end but no harm in asking.

That sounds like a nice option too. I happen to enjoy looking for ties so I'll use any pretext I can find to buy a new tie, but I also know that some guys just want to buy a cheap tie, wear it once or twice a year. In that case, I would second the Tie Bar; I don't know of another online tie site that offers as many options as they do. They aren't the best ties out there by a long shot, but since they are fairly cheap and come in a large variety of colors, styles, and patterns, they would probably be the best option if you're just trying to get tie shopping out of the way. They also have very good customer service in my experience.

But my first option would be to look locally and custom-made.

Sam Hober are the gold standard for having ties made. They can provide almost any texture and color necessary. Best customer service in the biz as well, David lurks on all the major clothing fora too if you like to get a feel for them that way. Will supply swatches for you to check out before ordering.

http://www.samhober.com/

Seems like he has plenty of time to get his hands on a tie from an online vendor to see if they meet his needs before then. Get one, if it's good, get the rest. If it sucks, send it back.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Congratulations on the pending wedding. I, too, would suggest getting the bride to be involved. It could be fun, and gives you something to do together. Plus, there may be some give and take, which is needed for a good marriage.

I agree with this 100%. Also, it would be a fun thing to look for with your fiancee. Just about every single thing you're going to be researching/browsing/shopping for over the next year will be either for the event itself or for her. This would be one of the rare occasions that you get a little front-and-center attention. I know I appreciated it after leafing through literally hundreds of pages of flower arrangements. Also, orange can be a tricky color and in my opinion tends to vary greatly from online photos. Orange can veer off to autumnal very fast (like burnt orange or rust color) so it would make sense to see them in person.

+1. Use this as an excuse to go some place high-end like Brooks Brothers and dive through all the ties! :thumbup1:

The Tie Bar has a good range of a good value of ties. Note that I said good value, not top quality. I have several, but just FYI the ties are thin and such compared to the nicer high-end ties. For an orange tie for a wedding, the Tie Bar fits that niche pretty well. Cheap tie, looks good, doesn't have to last years, etc.

Their Grenefaux (i.e. fake grenadine) line is great for formal events like weddings. If you're stuck with orange as a color, check these out:

https://www.thetiebar.com/product/33528
https://www.thetiebar.com/product/14594

As a point of trivia, if I recall correctly, the Tie Bar was founded by a couple of lawyers who were disappointed that there was no retailer of good value "everyday" ties. So they started their own line. And it's exactly that: a good place for everyday or on-budget ties that look good and can fill out your wardrobe without breaking the bank. The downside is that they won't last or look quite as nice as a high-end tie.

However, an orange tie is not really where I'd put my money for the long run. It's very specific and way loud. Fine for a one-off wedding, and fun to keep around, but I wouldn't dump money into that particular accessory and hope to get mileage out of it in the future.

Last edited:
Nordstrom Rack has some Robert Talbott and Ike Behar orange ties. These are good neckties. My preference is for Robert Talbott, but Ike Behar ties are no slackers.

Here's their current online inventory of orange:

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/Men/Accessories/Ties & Pocket Squares?colors[]=Orange&sort=featured&includePersistent=true&includeFlash=false

Edit: I just noticed that you are in BC. It looks like they charge 20% to cover duties and their broker fee. Seems high to me.

Last edited:
Orange tie means first class « made in Napoli » (it's a wedding); on line I suggest Patrizio Cappelli.

Be careful with the other pieces of clothing: Google « marinella orange tie » or « Charvet orange tie » and enjoy.

Top Bottom