What's new

Your TWO most favorite creams

India abounds in fantastic creams. Biotique Palmyra is the number one cream, followed close by any of the Godrej creams. A close third would be Palmolive India shave creams especially the "Deluxe" with its spicy powdery frangrance.

Another top vote for T&H 1805 and I'll put TOBS Avocado at #2.

Putting scent aside, I have found T&H to be the slickest, best lather of the creams I've sampled. Beats out GFT, TOBS, Godrej, Proraso, Edwin Jagger, Palmolive and a few others. Haven't tried DR Harris or any artisan creams.

A quick follow-up to my initial reply ...

Honorable Mention: Body Shop Maca Root

Clean, Irish Spring soapy scent with rich, protective lather.

Truefitt & Hill Grafton and TOBS Jermyn Street

Honorable mention: Castle Forbes Lime, Body Shop Maca Root and Geo F Trumper Violet.

Tell me more about this 1805 - a few have recommended it.

1805 is one of T&H's cologne scents, with an accompanying range of products, including the shaving cream. Personally, I wasn't all that fond of 1805 when I sampled it. I find it to be a modern, oceanic scent. Despite the name, and T&H's claim that it is derived from a formulation dating back to the 1850s, the reality is it was introduced in 1998, and is reminiscent of a lot of "fresh" or "sport" fragrances from that period. Obviously a fair number of people like it, though.

T&H describes it as, "Fresh and oceanic, 1805 has top notes of bergamot, mandarin and cardamom, combined with a lavender, geranium and clary sage heart resting on a sandalwood, cedarwood and musk base."

Basenotes and Fragrantica have review pages for the fragrance.

Almost falling of the edge of the topic, but has anyone any thoughts on Crown from Canada? Good reviews on the vendors websites.

Had to Google Crown, never heard of it. Seems expensive, but that cream seems like something worth trying. Also I see a 'roll on' cologne. Something about that seems quite intriguing.

Seems expensive, but that cream seems like something worth trying.

It's $34 for an 8 fluid ounce (240 ml) tub. That's not what I would call cheap, but you get a fair amount of product for the price. In comparison, that much D.R. Harris cream would cost $45. Ditto Castle Forbes. Coversely, that much TOBS would run a little over $21.

All that said, I've not tried Crown, so I can't speak to whether it's a good product or not. Reviews for it are generally positive, and I've been curious to try it; but I've been preoccupied with other brands.

Top Bottom