What's new

Pinaud Clubman

Yes, it's an aftershave. It's pretty clovey. The scent reminds my kids of Christmas. Beware, though, it burns like hellfire!

Comments like this are (another reason) why I love this site! :lol:

Oh, and I'm a daily Clubman user. It has really grown on me (and SWMBO, who casts the swing vote).

Not to get off-topic, but I transferred my Clubman (and a few other items) into European Dropper Bottles from Specialty Bottle. Several colors/sizes available, reasonably priced and work great. I know which is which based on the size/color of the bottle (amber, green, blue) and cap (black/white).

I have a few Pinaud products, including Clubman, Virgin Island Bay Rum, and Lime Sec. They are great classics, but for the original, I prefer Canoe because of the glycerine content. Same smell, but helps to not dry out my face, especially in cooler weather. If Clubman had that, it would be perfect. I prefer them to already have it in the aftershave, as I don't like adding anything to them. Very nice scents on all three, and I'm super fond of the Lime Sec right now. I love the scent of lime! :thumbup1:

Transferred some modern stock into glass. I noticed the plastic restrictionors on my Pinaud bottles had a weird plastic/petroleum scent to them.

Now when I open the bottles and take a whiff, it's pure bliss. Special thanks to Louisiana and Texas Pete for the glass!

$20150625_194117.jpg

So I broke down and bought the cheapest hot sauce Walmart had, just for the bottle. I'm cleaning it now to see how it affects my clubman. Thanks to this forum, I'm not saving any money and I'm wasting hot sauce...

So I broke down and bought the cheapest hot sauce Walmart had, just for the bottle. I'm cleaning it now to see how it affects my clubman. Thanks to this forum, I'm not saving any money and I'm wasting hot sauce...

Hey, you could try adding the hot sauce to the Clubman and instead of a freeze get something else. :w00t:

Where did you get that price? Every source I found charged outrageous shipping fees. Whoops, found it on Amazon! $12.62 for 12. The first source I found was $8+ but $14 for shipping

Are you looking at the same thing I am - 5 oz. dasher bottles? Do the pour tops pop out of the Clubman bottles and as well as these so that you can just use a funnel to transfer the aftershave?

Last edited:
Are you looking at the same thing I am - 5 oz. dasher bottles? Do the pour tops pop out of the Clubman bottles and as well as these so that you can just use a funnel to transfer the aftershave?

Yes... the dasher bottles are snap on caps (based on the photos) and the clubman tops pull out with a little work, just get a fingernail or small screwdriver under the lip and pry up.

I found some .Amazon that fit the bill. The original one with the high shipping prices was from a specialty bottle company. I should have gone to Amazon in the first place.

Yes, put some very hot water in the plastic bottle, wait 30 seconds or so, then gently start to peel up the label. The heat softens the glue. My bottle deformed a little from the heat.

Yes, put some very hot water in the plastic bottle, wait 30 seconds or so, then gently start to peel up the label. The heat softens the glue. My bottle deformed a little from the heat.

Thanks. I tried soaking the outside of the bottle and it did not work.

Boy does that bring back memories. The barber would take a special brush, put the Clubman talc with it, and give you a good "dusting."

I miss this. My old barber where I used to live was old school and maintained ritual such as this. Alas, there are no 'traditional' barbers near where I am now :(

Top Bottom