What's new

Catie's Bubbles

Just received mine today. My only CB soap to date was J'dor. The scent of J'dor is very strong. The LMDR is extremely mild.

IMHO I prefer the light aquatic scent of HTGAM steeplechase blue. But i definitely prefer the performance of CB soaps.

I'll just be sticking to my other soaps for now, may be putting this one up for sale soon.

Got in several CB soaps in the past week.

LMR from Chris' site.
Tonsorial Parlor from Italian Barber
Three Wiseguys from a trade.

LOVE the tonsorial. Haven't used the three Wiseguys but it smells very nice.

Thought I would love the LMR (I bought two tubs and the a/s) and it irritated my face bad. The only one of his soaps (and I've used every one but mango and grape) to do so.

Used my Le Marche du Rasage yesterday. It's a pleasant, light scent; sort of in the men's cologne category. I don't mind it at all, but on the other hand it's a bit quiet and non-descript. I can't imagine anyone being offended by it, but at the same time probably not thrilled by it either. Of course it performs as well as any of the Catie's Bubbles varieties, which is to say, very well indeed.

Received my LMDR along with a tub of LPV. I was thinking I was going to prefer the LMDR but the scent strength was a little on the light side for my sniffer. I prefer a little stronger sent but that's just my preference. The LPV on the other hand I think that is my new favorite scent....for now

Don

Last edited:
Looks like he just did a restock and has included LMR in the regular offerings now. I'm hoping it's as good as everyone has been saying. It's unfortunate it it's too light scented. I really love all the ones that I have, LPV LTV, and santal.

Yes, looks like the new labeling that began with LMDR is now on the QCV, LPV, and LTV. Also, a brief scent description on the labels. I like them.

The QCV is a unique scent that's moving up my ladder quickly, and I've never had anything to do with cannabis in any form up until now. I bought it because it was described as a "green" scent. I have to give Chris a lot of credit for thinking out of the box on some of his scents and perhaps taking a risk. He really knows what he's doing. The LTV is my favorite, have not tried the LPV yet but I'm planning on it.

Got in several CB soaps in the past week.

LMR from Chris' site.
Tonsorial Parlor from Italian Barber
Three Wiseguys from a trade.

LOVE the tonsorial. Haven't used the three Wiseguys but it smells very nice.

Thought I would love the LMR (I bought two tubs and the a/s) and it irritated my face bad. The only one of his soaps (and I've used every one but mango and grape) to do so.

And the tonsorial after 2 or 3 shaves fell out of rotation. Scent is a powerful memory. I just kept smelling it and going back to my mom cleaning the floor with Murphy's Oil Soap when I was a child. As hard as I tried, my olfactory would not let me past it. I had to sell or trade it.

I want to try the Fruit Loops just for fun, but it's always sold out everywhere I've seen it carried.

"Saturday Morning" (formerly Boucles Fruite) is available at Chris's site.

Currently, I have the "The Three Wiseguys" (really enjoy this scent), "LPV" (one of my overall favorite soap scents, and currently considering the toner), and "LMR" (I'm yet to use this one, but it is currently on deck for tonight's shave. I find the initial scent nice, but possibly overhyped. I just don't see it replacing LPV). The "Tonsorial Parlour" is the one I'm looking to add next.

And the tonsorial after 2 or 3 shaves fell out of rotation. Scent is a powerful memory. I just kept smelling it and going back to my mom cleaning the floor with Murphy's Oil Soap when I was a child. As hard as I tried, my olfactory would not let me past it. I had to sell or trade it.

I appreciate this information. I was considering the Tonsorial, saw it reviewed on youtube and the guy mentioned it smelled like "what your house smells like after a good cleaning", or something like that. I figured I could get used to that, but at the same time felt like there might be another scent I'd like better. After reading this latest info, I think I'll pass.

I have 8 CB scents and I'm using CB exclusively, it really is a fantastic no-brainer soap in every sense. Of my 8 scents, I'll use them all until gone then reorder a rotation of LTV, Le Vert Orange, QCV and Rosee De Matin. Will probably sample Purple Grapefruit and maybe one other between now and then. LPV is still a reorder possibility and frankly I think it's the most amazing scent in the lineup but because it seems like more of a winter scent to me ....and I hate winter....we'll see if it stays. You'll note the green and citrus scents I prefer above.

Bottom line is CB has some amazing scents that I love, and some amazing scents that appeal more to others. No argument on the quality and performance of any of them, though.

Last edited:
I appreciate this information. I was considering the Tonsorial, saw it reviewed on youtube and the guy mentioned it smelled like "what your house smells like after a good cleaning", or something like that. I figured I could get used to that, but at the same time felt like there might be another scent I'd like better. After reading this latest info, I think I'll pass.

I have 8 CB scents and I'm using CB exclusively, it really is a fantastic no-brainer soap in every sense. Of my 8 scents, I'll use them all until gone then reorder a rotation of LTV, Le Vert Orange, QCV and Rosee De Matin. Will probably sample Purple Grapefruit and maybe one other between now and then. LPV is still a reorder possibility and frankly I think it's the most amazing scent in the lineup but because it seems like more of a winter scent to me ....and I hate winter....we'll see if it stays. You'll note the green and citrus scents I prefer above.

Bottom line is CB has some amazing scents that I love, and some amazing scents that appeal more to others. No argument on the quality and performance of any of them, though.

Rosee, Mango and Grape are the only ones I haven't tried. I really enjoyed the 3wiseguys (although I cut the label off) but will use it mostly in winter. Having tried every other soap Chris makes I will say that his, almost alone, require no soaking, no fancy gimmicks, no elaborate temperatures. They work, they are top notch, and Chris is by far the nicest owner I've ever had the pleasure of chatting with.

Top Bottom