What's new

Nacet

Did a GSB/Nacet half and half today. GSB smoother and sharper. But Nacet very close. However, there was a bit of roughness that reminded me of Astra more than the GSB.

Now that I've made 8, from now on I will change out a blade weekly to ensure it's always at it's best, but this blade is going until the end, 'just to see'. And besides, if I have a new one every single week, that's under a half penny a shave!

Well I'm out. I made 14 smooth and comfortable shaves, and though I feel there is a bit of blade left, the whole goal was to find a blade that I could change weekly instead of every couple of days. Basically because my life is really busy generally. Lasting 2 weeks or more is more than I expected, and now I know that if it sits all week it will be just fine. I can not recommend this blade highly enough!
:thumbup:

I can't wait to try my own experiment. I just received my blades in the mail. Might be a few days, but I will report back with my experience also.

I hate to be the one who said "I told you so" but...................................I will. :laugh: :lol:

On a serious note, the Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus I am using now appears for all intents & purposes to be just as good, albeit I am still testing longevity.

I used my sample Nacet blade this morning....it's mighty good. With a Red Tip, the shave is sharp and smooth. Let's see how long it lasts.

I really enjoy the Voskhod, and the Platinum Lux's, but as far as comparing the Nacet (to me), the Nacet doubles in sharpness. I never had any Rapira offerings last more than 4 maybe 5 shaves, so obviously Nacet wins there too. If you're using blades until the end, it's cheaper in the long run. Nacet costs twice as much but lasts three times longer. Of course all our kilometers vary.

Wow. Those Nacets are really quite nice. I tried them with a Red Tip, and I wouldn't surprise me if they lasted to the end of the month...and beyond.

I've tried Gillette Nacet Stainless and the Nacet platinum and both are excellent blades. Smooth, with a decently close shave, with no irritation to speak of. I'm also a fan of Gillette Silver Blues and I also have a sample of a few Gillette Rubie & Gillette Platinums.

I'm also a big fan of the Gillette Silver Blues, but the Nacet Stainless has the same quality. If I didn't have several thousand blades, I'd buy these in bulk.

Top Bottom