What's new

Do I need any more razors?

Yes, of course you do.
at least six more to start with ... New, Old, SuperSpeed, Aristocrat, GEM Damaskeene, Jewel/Streamline.

:001_rolle

If you have a razor and it shaves you well you don't need another. If you subscribe to the AD crowd you're about three dozen razors shy of barely adequate.

As a newbie who has a good, solid case of AD, my opinion should be obvious. But, that Razorock head looks like a mutant sledgehammer head still meta-morphing at an uncontrollable, exponential rate. Are you sure people actually shave with that? How does one shave the hairs under thy nose? Remove thy nose first?

I guess you are very well armed if someone breaks into your dwelling!

You will know when you have enough razors. When you open a drawer and find a razor inside that you have no recollection of ever buying, then you just need ten more.

I suspect a 12 step program may be needed for some of the BnB AD crowd. Seriously, get as many razors as you can afford, get even more than you can afford; get at least 10 times the number of blades samplers as you can store and join the endless hunt for that perfect BBS producing combo. I'll stick with the economical go-to combination that works day after day.

My answer to the thread title or any similar questions is always.... YES!

Truly, it is not about "need" but want or desire. I only "need" one razor, one brand of blades, one brush, one soap, one aftershave, etc. but variety is the spice of life! After "variety" has been achieved we move into the "Prepper" stage in which we feel more secure knowing (in my case) we have 3-5 years of blades, soaps & creams, and post-shave products.

Now, when we move from need to variety to preparation to addiction that is quite another matter!

Last edited:
If you have to ask the question "Do I need any more razors?" the answer is yes. When a man has as many razors as he'll need, he'll know. At least that's what I tell my wife.

This:) I was on the lookout for the perfect razor, went through a ton, then found my zen. Merkur 39C for long growth, NEW LC for daily driver, and the Rockwell 5 plate for one-to-two days' growth.

And now...I think...I'm finished?

I thought I had enough razors then I saw a thread about the the Barbasol floating head razor. I want one. The RAD is back.

Dan

I used a Feather AS-D1 for years and have bought a EJ89 Barley (for son), 1966 slim and 1930's NEW in the past few weeks. So I say NO more razors for you (more for me that way!!) :laugh:

I don't think anyone needs more than 10 razors. If 10 commandments were good enough for God, 10 razors should be good enough for us mortals. :laugh:

However, I have failed miserably. At last count I have about 75 DE and SE razors. And I consider myself to be a conservative guy. About most things, that is.

Top Bottom