What's new

belt suggestion

I bought the Craft & Lore belt that won the B&B award....it's fantastic leather and a beast! Definitely a casual belt but well worth the money...will last years

Dress or casual? For dress, just a simple black or dark brown with silver buckle from any number of sources.

Casual - I like the brown woven leather belts.

Super casual/jeans - I wear a nylon military belt.

The choices are endless.

Primary purpose is to hold my pants up. As a teacher everyday is dress casual. A dress belt is not necessary. Dark brown or black works with everything I own. $150!!!!! for a strip of leather. Wow. Then again it seems good belts are pretty exprensive these days.

What do you guys think of suspenders?

Just pick a basic solid belt, with some substance to its simplicity. Something that will wear time well...with a basic heavy buckle

Spend 35 bucks or less

I make belts as a hobby. I have just made myself belts that match the color of whatever boots I'm wearing. If you make belts out of one piece of veg tan leather at about 7-9oz weight it'll last indefinitely. Better than anything sold in box stores. I also made myself a couple sets of leather suspenders. They're OK, but I feel more 'held together' when I'm wearing a belt. The suspenders are more for looks.

The best part about buying a 'made belt' is it should fit you perfectly on the middle hole if the guy asks you the proper length first. So you get to choose the buckle, the color, and other aspects. I think that's worth something. I don't understand how people sell raw veg tan belts for 75 dollars, but that's just fashion and fame I guess.

Like most things, I don't like fancy looking stuff, so for me less is more and my belts are pretty plain Jane. I use copper rivets to hold them together because they will never come apart like a Chicago screw can.

I make belts as a hobby. I have just made myself belts that match the color of whatever boots I'm wearing. If you make belts out of one piece of veg tan leather at about 7-9oz weight it'll last indefinitely. Better than anything sold in box stores. I also made myself a couple sets of leather suspenders. They're OK, but I feel more 'held together' when I'm wearing a belt. The suspenders are more for looks.

The best part about buying a 'made belt' is it should fit you perfectly on the middle hole if the guy asks you the proper length first. So you get to choose the buckle, the color, and other aspects. I think that's worth something. I don't understand how people sell raw veg tan belts for 75 dollars, but that's just fashion and fame I guess.

Like most things, I don't like fancy looking stuff, so for me less is more and my belts are pretty plain Jane. I use copper rivets to hold them together because they will never come apart like a Chicago screw can.

You have a website I can check out?

I agree with everything else, but the highlighted is only true until you either A) start hanging things off of it or B) deal with really large customers. When you combine A & B it becomes even more of a problem. I make a lot of belts and most all are a 14 oz total with 8oz shell and 6 oz natural liner. The glue/stitch limits stretch where a single layer has nothing to stop it. Anything of real leather will be leaps and bounds above a store bought belt.

I tote this stuff + more some days and the belt is a good support. I've got no problem with suspenders and actually like wearing them but they don't fit into my daily dress well.

Top Bottom