What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

I don't actually know which hair this is... I haven't shaved with it yet so I don't know if there is a slight hint of scritch. I'll let you know. After its first lather, the tips are very light.
Cheers

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416345504.969607.jpg
Very comfortable. I didn't notice any scritch, but I'll have to try again and again. It was soft but with great control. Lathered like a mother too , wow

It's almost comical at how people act. I know its been beat to death, but funny how those who aren't patient ENOUGH criticize "him" for being "elusive" and not valuing people's time. I guess they just don't get that he is pretty much a one man show. So they get upset and bash "him" for not replying fast enough/or at all. If patience isn't in you, don't buy a M&F. There are plenty of other good brush makers out there. But for me and my house...Morris & Forndran all the way. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's almost comical at how people act. I know its been beat to death, but funny how those who aren't patient ENOUGH criticize "him" for being "elusive" and not valuing people's time. I guess they just don't get that he is pretty much a one man show. So they get upset and bash "him" for not replying fast enough/or at all. If patience isn't in you, don't buy a M&F. There are plenty of other good brush makers out there. But for me and my house...Morris & Forndran all the way. [emoji106]
They get it. Just put yourself in the place of someone who has not had their emails returned in months. Or had been told they would be gotten back to and then wasn't. I can understand how this would be frustrating, and the forum is a perfectly good place to discuss it.

Last edited by a moderator:
And like I said...there are numerous other great brush makers...Simpson, Wiborg, etc. I would buy one of those to "quench my thirst" and just wait. I understand the frustration. But that's just one of many to come in the real world. It's been well documented that one must have A LOT of patience in dealing with M&F. Everyone should know that already before even starting the first word in your email to him.

You mentioned you got a reply after 3 emails. I've sent 5 in 5 weeks with no reply and it's getting tough to continue. Others have sent many more than me. If you had kept trying and never got a reply, wouldn't it be frustrating?

As stated, he's a one man show for the most part and considered one of the best. So I'm sure he's inundated with copious amounts of emails on a daily basis. The wait will vary accordingly. Regardless, if you want one of the best brushes being made...be patient. If you can afford an M&F to start, you should be able to hopefully make another quality brush purchase to hold you over until you get that awesome package from Royal Mail. Don't get me wrong...I'm as impatient as the next guy, but reality has to set in at some point before you make the decision to purchase an M&F brush. :thumbup:

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
And like I said...there are numerous other great brush makers...Simpson, Wiborg, etc. I would buy one of those to "quench my thirst" and just wait. I understand the frustration. But that's just one of many to come in the real world. It's been well documented that one must have A LOT of patience in dealing with M&F. Everyone should know that already before even starting the first word in your email to him.

Where did you obtain Lee's contact information, when did you first write to him, and how long after that did it take you to settle arrangements for your first M&F?

My guess would be that the answers are here, sometime after you joined in September, and not more than a month or two.

It's nice when someone connects. Reports of success can be encouraging to the hopes of others who for no reason other than hit-or-miss luck are required to demonstrate greater patience than Job (who at least ultimately got an answer). I can imagine that it might not be so encouraging, however, when a person starts to feel like he's having his nose rubbed in someone else's relatively easy success or otherwise being preached to regarding requisite virtues.

You're right: patient persistence is the best strategy. But it's by no means a guarantee of success. And luck does not appear to be equitably distributed.

Just remember this isn't the only shaving forum...but it is the best. I have had his informantion for quite some time. It took me awhile to take the plunge to spend "well over a Benjamin" on a brush. But in the end I'm glad I did. I agree, persistence is needed and luck is always welcomed. An alternative for someone who insists on an M&F should be a used one until the arrangements are made with him. Heck, a Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian with a Jade handle was almost purchased before I got that email. Have a plan b instead of drinking the hate-o-rade. Just my $.02

Top Bottom