What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

I'm so glad you started this off. I think the first M&F brush I bought was nearly identical to yours.
Four Year Anniversary Post!!!

Holly cow, you all still amaze me that this thread is still alive and kicking. Its been four years today, since I wrote my initial review. I'v never been a good writer, so it means a lot to me that you all seem to appreciate something I reviewed... And then some other guy in England made some brushes, or whatever :lol: but thanks for following my review for four years!

I've only used it three times, I asked for good cushion with good flow through and soft tips. Exactly what I received, no scritch whatsoever. The tips are slowly starting to curl with hard soap, so not a gel tip out of box deal and it may not reach full gel tip status. I think that after 10-15 shaves I'll have a better idea of what it'll be like.

I may be mistaken, but the Finest hair brushes were never "gel" hair. The hair was supposed to be a very stiff yet soft brush with a lot of face feel.

I may be mistaken, but the Finest hair brushes were never "gel" hair. The hair was supposed to be a very stiff yet soft brush with a lot of face feel.

I'm a couple years out of the game, but back in 2010 the Finest had skritch and insane backbone (multiplying any natural skritch), while the XXL and original M&F hair had the gel tips. However, my original M&F had less density, so although the tips were very very soft, they did not give the illusion of a gel feel that the face lathering built XXL Rooney line did. I hope that gives some background, though hair grades vary from year or year and animal to animal.

Essence11, those two brushes: The Style 1.3 in Finest and That Urn size 2 Finest look wonderful.............. Lee has pulled the stops out for you on those two, great photographs. Enjoy.

Charles U.K

Essence11, those two brushes: The Style 1.3 in Finest and That Urn size 2 Finest look wonderful.............. Lee has pulled the stops out for you on those two, great photographs. Enjoy.

Charles U.K

Thanks Charles, they really are great brushes and top notch quality as always. The style one is such a massive brush but I'm gonna really enjoy it for face lathering and the urn will be my new favorite for bowl lathering I think. On a side note the finest hair is definitely different than the standard blonde, it definitely has more backbone and scrub. I think it's worth a try for anyone who hasn't yet [emoji106]. Eric

i talked to lee yesterday and had planned to just get small brush from him. i might just go for thater for now though. i wanted to know though, does he just offer the two types of hair, blonde and finest? when i talked to him he never said anything about what hair he would use. which hair is the softest so i know to ask him for that kind?

i talked to lee yesterday and had planned to just get small brush from him. i might just go for thater for now though. i wanted to know though, does he just offer the two types of hair, blonde and finest? when i talked to him he never said anything about what hair he would use. which hair is the softest so i know to ask him for that kind?

Hi, lee has sold me brushes as finest, heritage and blonde. He labels heritage as just blonde tho. In my opinion heritage is the softest of my brushes then blonde. Ymmv

^uh, im a little lost, lol sorry. is heritage the same thing as blonde then? or not.

Haha it is a little confusing, they're very close but in my opinion the three brushes he described as heritage were a little softer then my regular blonde. I would recommend trying all three tho [emoji16]

got ya, well i doubt ill have funds anytime real soon to try all three. oh does the heritage come in 2 band and 3 band also? i do know he told me my brush would be 3 band.

got ya, well i doubt ill have funds anytime real soon to try all three. oh does the heritage come in 2 band and 3 band also? i do know he told me my brush would be 3 band.
Mine are two band, the three band I have is not nearly as soft but still a nice knot. Hopefully it'll satisfy your taste but if not you'll have no problem selling on bst. Let us know how it goes.

The wait is over... my faux horn arrived today. Feels nice and weighty. I gave it a quick palm lather and it feels very soft, full and wonderful. Zero scritch. Tomorrow, first shave...

$M&F 1.jpg$M&F 2.jpg

Top Bottom