What's new

The "King" Cobra Classic Tour

Shaved late last evening then did not get back online but yesterday's shave with the king was just as nice as the first shave (hey what can I say)...

Brought out the "Big Guns" for last night's shave. My over sized Harvard H-6, the larger lather bowl, and T&H 1805.

WOW... It's been so long since I have used a LARGE brush that I forgot how much fun they are. Makes me sad to think I sold all of my Polo and 3LX brushes :sad: Oh well gives me something to look for :001_smile

proxy.php

proxy.php

casus4844?

That's the man. I have seen someone else selling them on eBay. Search for "Cobra Classic Razor" and you will see them. (No relation to seller.)

I've changed my mind. I am going to send a 20 pack of Dorco Barber blades with the King to the next member on the list. That way all who get the King down line should have the opportunity to try this fine blade. Feather's and KAI blades are easy to source but these Dorco blades are well hidden but shave just as nice as the Feathers and KAI blades do.

proxy.php

I've changed my mind. I am going to send a 20 pack of Dorco Barber blades with the King to the next member on the list. That way all who get the King down line should have the opportunity to try this fine blade. Feather's and KAI blades are easy to source but these Dorco blades are well hidden but shave just as nice as the Feathers and KAI blades do.

proxy.php

Thank you, turtle. That is a great opportunity for those on the list.

I know I started the tour with those members that I knew already owned a Cobra and had blades. If your name is coming up and that is not true please reach out and I will broaden the blade horizon.

Last edited:
List updated. Point forward I am willing to accept names for a "second round" of the tour, but I do plan to bring the King home for a bit after this list of members have had an opportunity. I only used it a couple times before sending it on the road, and would like to take a turn myself. :001_smile Please see the first post in this thread for requirements of participation, and contact me if interested in joining the list.

CONUS List
sgtd (awaiting delivery)
Mojo88
warhawk
JeffBr
xxvaleria
Monsieur Blaireau
TripleG
intotheforge
cpacamper
Haggises
mielbadger
dfoulk
Moondoggie

International List (Uncertain if it will happen, but accepting names)
celestino
targa88
StuMcB
Snuff-Belgium

Last edited:
Had one last shave with the King this morning (hey... no guff now boys)

Removed the handle and cleaned the head with scrubbing bubbles then back together and in a 5 min dip in Barbicide to get any yuckies off of the handle.

Packed

On the way to the next victu... er.... B&B member :001_smile

I've put in:

a pack of Dorco barber blades (20 blades)
2 samples of KMF key lime (enough for 4-6 shaves)
A sample of Truefitt & Hill rose cream

AND

One of my velvet bags (that it barely fit into)

proxy.php

Today was the last shave with the King Cobra and my review:

the razor is a big guy but not so big as to be unwieldy. It is about the size of a Vision DE though the handle is a little smaller around than the Vision.

First shave it was awkward because I was not used to the balance and I "choked up" to hold it right where the handle and head attache for my first N/S pass. the second day was a breeze as I found it fit nicely and could be supported by my pinky finger and that N/S pass was much more enjoyable than the day before

I used Feather and Dorco blades in it and both performed as well as they do in the Cobra classic (easy BBS shave).

there are no negatives that I could find after spending a week of shaving with it and using it daily.

It is a nice, well made, razor.

The only thing that will stop me from purchasing it is the fact that it uses a proprietary handle. Should they come out with a model that is threaded to take "normal" DE handles I would be first in line. Until then I am only a spectator.

This is not said to discourage others as this is one fantastic shaving machine.

I have a LOT of razors so now I am much more picky about what I want and expect from a razor.

proxy.php

Awesome tour once again! I am awaiting my turn on the four yeard old Cobra Classic turn!! I can't wait! Hoping my new Mongoose is availabe around the same time so I can face off! I wouldnt mind a turn on this tour as well...but that seems to be months away!

King is set to land at the next on the list tomorrow.....

Been back to using my Cobra..... Gee I miss the King already :sad:

SWMBO has informed me that there is a package waiting. The beast has arrived! I'll post pics when able.

FYI the Dorcos pop up periodically on eBay, and you can often find CJB (Feather SS clone) razors being sold with them.

First shave down with the King and initial impression is it's nice. I really like the material of the handle. It almost feels like grip tape (for those skaters out there). If it were just a tad shorter it would be perfect for me. The shave itself was great. I will say that it did seem a little less aggressive than the Classic but that is not necessarily a bad thing. I was still able to get a BBS with little effort. I am looking forward to trying it out for the next few days with different blades to see how each of them perform.

$20140906_120506_resized.jpg

Another shave down and today was rose day. I used the sample of T&H rose cream that Mick included and finished it off with Thayer Rose and SCS Savory Rose AS milk. Another great shave. Tomorrow I'm going to swap blades to see how a Kai Mild does.

Another great shave. I think it would be pretty difficult to get a bad shave with this razor.

I had the same impressions.

Nice razor.

The best platform for the artist club disposable blades that I have found. Both the Cobra and King Cobra win, hands down.

Now the Feather Guard blade in a shavette gives a comfortable shave, but I enjoy using safety razors more than straight razors. I've used a DE for the past 45 +/- years so shaving has become second nature.

Well, after a few days of using the King Cobra, my final impression is pretty much just like my first. It's a super smooth razor, a little less aggressive than the Cobra Classic. I really like the handle but would prefer it a little shorter. I don't think it will replace my Classic but it's definitely a nice piece of gear. Matt, it's on the way!

Top Bottom