What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

$sekonda 6.jpga better pic.

you have upped the anti with the cushion cased one,was looking at some of these from the philippines, there seems to be loads from there, even from there, they go for big bucks,very nice.

I've gotten 5 off EBay from the Philippines. I guess it's hit or miss. 4 of mine I got from a seller named Loy. They've all been very well refurbished, have some aftermarket parts, which doesn't really bother me. They'll run forever.

I'm fortunate enough to have a local watchmaker that can calibrate them if needed.

$Turtles.jpg

I've gotten 5 off EBay from the Philippines. I guess it's hit or miss. 4 of mine I got from a seller named Loy. They've all been very well refurbished, have some aftermarket parts, which doesn't really bother me. They'll run forever.

I'm fortunate enough to have a local watchmaker that can calibrate them if needed.

View attachment 482923
those are beautys,from what i was reading up on these,loy seems to be the top man on ebay for these, the other was mountapo merchant,some others are a bit hit or miss but these two seem to do the best work, unless you get one thats been in the box from new the aftermarket parts are the way to go, i think they look great when refurbished these old seikos, some of them must be over 30 years old and still going strong.

those are beautys,from what i was reading up on these,loy seems to be the top man on ebay for these, the other was mountapo merchant,some others are a bit hit or miss but these two seem to do the best work, unless you get one thats been in the box from new the aftermarket parts are the way to go, i think they look great when refurbished these old seikos, some of them must be over 30 years old and still going strong.

I'd agree in general about Loy, however we are having an issue right now with the piece on the right that I just received...If you look closely, you'll see the "Seiko" emblem is misplaced. Honest mistake...probably moved during shipping. I alerted him to it and I sent pictures. At first he suggested that I get an estimate for the repair. I told him that my local watchmaker was on vacation and the estimate would take a while.

I was then informed that based on their EBay policy, my only option was sending it all the way back to him, at my expense, or a full refund if I sent it back - there was no offer of a refund for the repair. This was not what I was expecting, especially since I have been a past customer. IMHO, giving me a refund of even as little as $20 towards a local repair would have satisfied me. We'll see.

All in all, I think Loy's pieces are great. I did get one from Mountapo that was in pretty poor shape.

I'd agree in general about Loy, however we are having an issue right now with the piece on the right that I just received...If you look closely, you'll see the "Seiko" emblem is misplaced. Honest mistake...probably moved during shipping. I alerted him to it and I sent pictures. At first he suggested that I get an estimate for the repair. I told him that my local watchmaker was on vacation and the estimate would take a while.

I was then informed that based on their EBay policy, my only option was sending it all the way back to him, at my expense, or a full refund if I sent it back - there was no offer of a refund for the repair. This was not what I was expecting, especially since I have been a past customer. IMHO, giving me a refund of even as little as $20 towards a local repair would have satisfied me. We'll see.

All in all, I think Loy's pieces are great. I did get one from Mountapo that was in pretty poor shape.
it would leave me with a bit of a sour taste as well after dropping a fair bit of dough with the guy,he does seem to have the best name with the ebay dealers in seiko divers from there,mountapo is one i have heard not too bad things about,you get the odd bad one from him like yourself,but some of the storys about other dealers are very bad,like watch working for a day or no gaskets, just pieces of junk put together,saying they have been serviced when the watch has never been opened,its a game of chance with some of these guys.

I have completely fallen in love with the Alpinist. Size is perfect, it's keeping outstanding time our of the box (+4/5) and i can mix wear it with gold and silver which is a nice bonus. I haven't worn my Sumo since it arrived. Only complaint would be that the lume is pretty mediocre. $uploadfromtaptalk1408311045782.jpg

Top Bottom