What's new

Something new from Above the Tie.

Curious how the aggression will be. I assume there will be one slant and not an M, R or H version.

I was wondering the very same thing. Could Stan, our resident genius, come up with a modular slant with different top plates? If so, I will have to start shaving several times every day in order to work through my backlog of ATT stuff.

It takes me a long time to lose my temper, but once lost I could not find it with a dog.
Mark Twain

I wonder if it is just a baseplate and we can use the same top cap or it will require a slant top cap too.

I spoke with Stan yesterday. He indicated that the slant will require its own top cap and that other ATT caps are not interchangeable with the slant. All current ATT handles will, however, work with it.

He is open to member feedback about whether they would like different base plates to adjust the degree of aggressiveness in the slant. He is shooting for the upcoming holiday season for release.

Last edited:
He is open to member feedback about whether they would like different base plates to adjust the degree of aggressiveness in the slant.

I would personally love to see M, R, and H baseplates in the ATT slant, as long as it is feasible and worked as expected....

I spoke with Stan yesterday. He indicated that the slant will require its own top cap and that other ATT caps are not interchangeable with the slant. All current ATT handles will, however, work with it.

He is open to member feedback about whether they would like different base plates to adjust the degree of aggressiveness in the slant. He is shooting for the upcoming holiday season for release.

This is really exciting news. I must say that I am torn between whether or not multiple slant base plates is a good idea or not. In one respect, it would be awesome because it would let people tune their aggressive (obviously). On the other hand, IMO a slant razor should be aggressive and efficient and smooth, so why would you really go for a mild one? Multiple base plates would just complicate things in that regard. So I don't know.

But either way, I have no doubt that this razor will be awesome, Stan!!

YES, this is just what I've been hoping for! This design indeed looks unique and is a probable edition to my Den...Please i have two requests...Please do not intentionally limit supply! Please stock brick and mortars with this eventually! That will make Above the Tie, above ALL!!!

Wow! I had hoped this would happen. Just when I thought I knew the next slant I would buy, but that one, after much hype, has not found its way to market. Looks like my next slant will be the ATT!

Multiple plates for the slant is probably not a good idea.

He should make it.............wait for it..............................adjustable! That would rock.

Or, just pick a moderate level of aggression and leave it at that.

I'm confused about the votes for only one slant baseplate. Why just an "R3" instead of also offering an M3 and H3? I've read of ATT shavers on B&B who favor M1/2, R1/2, and H1/2 ... why would users of a slant suddenly all want the same level of aggression?

Couldn't those people who wanted just one middle of the road slant, just buy the R3?

-- EDIT --

Also, having an ATT "system" and a "custom tool to shave with" (along with excellent design, maximum durability materials, very tight build tollerances/QA, and top-notch customer service) seems to me to be a core part of ATT's brand....

Last edited:
Wow... How am I only just now discovering this thread?

$9e9.gif

I'm sure that Stan monitors this thread.

C'mon guys---an H3, R3 and M3 AND OC versions, too! Let's not forget that Stan is a small shop, not Gillette!

AND, we haven't seen working model #1 yet! :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I'm sure that Stan monitors this thread.

C'mon guys---an H3, R3 and M3 AND OC versions, too! Let's not forget that Stan is a small shop, not Gillette!

AND, we haven't seen working model #1 yet! :lol: :lol:

How about an OC-Slant fractionally adjustable razor that is still fully CNC machined stainless steel ... oh, and it would be great if it were also a 3-piece so you could swap out handles! :laugh:

Top Bottom