What's new

Single edge blade guide

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Does anyone else find that the first couple of shaves with a GEM PTFE/Pellas leave your face a little hot right after the shave?

I have that issue if I press on the razor while shaving, otherwise, it works well.

Does anyone else find that the first couple of shaves with a GEM PTFE/Pellas leave your face a little hot right after the shave?
Wow, envy guys who can get a week's worth of shaves from a Gem PTFE SS blade. I get 4, max 5, shaves from mine.
Big face, 2 1/2 + passes per shave, plus some blade buffing. Once a week I shave the back of my neck too.
My best shaves are my 2nd and 3rd from a given blade. The 1st shave is generally a bit too sharp and the 4th, and 5th
if I can get to 5, require too much work and a tad more pressure than what's comfortable for me.
Fortunately those blades are reasonable enough in price that replacing them after 4 shaves won't bankrupt us!

Why would Feather make carbon SE blades today,that only fit relatively obscure vintage razors ? Are we missing something ? Is there a Feather SE razor that we don't know about ? Feathers will not work in either of my SE razors....

Attachments

• $IMG_0001.JPG
    $IMG_0001.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 208
  • $IMG_0007.JPG
    $IMG_0007.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 207

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Why would Feather make carbon SE blades today,that only fit relatively obscure vintage razors ? Are we missing something ? Is there a Feather SE razor that we don't know about ? Feathers will not work in either of my SE razors....

I wonder if they would fit some of the Auto strops? they look a little longer then the standard SE blade...........

I believe there is a Feather SE razor but I cannot find it. I saw someone post a picture here many moons ago but still cannot find it. They are rare, very rare.

The carbon blade (like the Stainless Steel version) fits the autostrop (but it depends which version). They also fit the Gem Contour and Gem Pushbutton. It did not work in the 1912, Featherweight, G-Bar, clog-puff. This thread should help: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/373712-Feather-SE-Blades-from-Connaught-Arrived!

Feather has 2 SE blades,but no SE razor..Here is the current Feather line-up.

Attachments

• $feather.jpg
    $feather.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 199
  • $feather2.jpg
    $feather2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 198
  • $feather3.jpg
    $feather3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 198
  • $feather4.jpg
    $feather4.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 197

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
bump because I'm looking for SE blades that are individually wrapped for the blade exchange. I've got GEM, but any others that are not listed here that you gents have found are good for shaving?

Got to say that for me Treet carbon are brilliant in my flying wing, 1924 and 'G' bar but GEM SS are better in my 1912's. Got the Treets off how to grow a moustache and the GEMS of the bay. Both shipped quickly.

I just ordered some GEM ptfe coated SS the other day form razor blades & more. I'm looking forward to trying these out and I hope they are better than the first GEM blades I ordered.

I am not sure if they were the PTFE coated ones but they were bought at CVS I think. Those weren't good most of them were dull as a butter knife so I hope these are better.

Last edited:
I ordered 120 Treet single edge razor blades from Amazon for $14.73. Since I ordered $35 of merchandise the blades shipped for free. It was a great deal and I don't regret it one bit.

$2h34m4k.jpg

Top Bottom