What's new

My Guess... 3017

Try NO heat at all. I believe it's breaking down the soap, making it airy and thin.

At least that was my experience when I 3017'd a puck.

How long are you loading?

Last edited:
My Strop Shoppe Rosemary Mint bit the dust this morning. I overestimated how much was left; turns out it was only about an ounce or so. Now it's on to Mike's Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper.

Try NO heat at all. I believe it's breaking down the soap, making it airy and thin.

At least that was my experience when I 3017'd a puck.

How long are you loading?

I loaded up until the brush was full of soap, maybe 30-45 seconds? Dipped the tips and went back twice. Plus I let the puck soak for 10 minutes to soften up.

Tomorrow I'm going to use the trusty Plisson and face lather, and I'll bet the lather will be excellent. Then I'm going to try the same thing with the scuttle. Eliminate variables.

My Strop Shoppe Rosemary Mint bit the dust this morning. I overestimated how much was left; turns out it was only about an ounce or so. Now it's on to Mike's Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper.

That's like 5-6 grams a day. :scared: Are you shaving more than once a day?

Can we call you the anti-Jim? :lol:

I broke thru the bottom of the Trumper's Violet. Based on track record, I have about 2 more weeks to go. I find this the hardest part of the 3017 treatment. You know it is about done and you are tired of this soap and looking forward to the next. And it just doesn't seem to want to go away!

+1 to this. I can see the bottom of the bowl (I think, or I'm going mad). But the soap just....won't....die.... It just keeps lathering. I have the AoS tallow lemon sitting on my counter in anticipation. I put it there 2 weeks ago. Those last slivers of soap are immortal!

My tub of AoS Sandalwood Shaving Cream joined the 100-shave club tonight. Post-shave, my tub weighed in at 123g --- meaning that these 100 shaves have consumed a scant 130g of product.

Below is a photo of the remaining product (~18g):

$20140530 - AoS Sandalwood Cream.jpg

My journey to use it up:
3/24/14--4/18/14 - Stirling Barbershop - 50 total lathers (face and head)
4/19/14--5/10/14 - Godrej Cool Menthol - about 25 lathers with daily face shaving and every other day head shave.
5/11/14--5/14/14 - Stirling Glacial Wintergreen (sample puck) - 6 total lathers (face and head)
5/15/14--5/16-14 - homemade bay rum soap sample - 2 face lathers, 2 head lathers
5/17/14--5/22/14 - TSD SubZero sample (ended up putting this in the shower as I do not like the scent)
5/22/14--5/30/14 - sampling break
5/31/14--? Tiki Set Sail

7 shaves in on my AdP, and It has been wonderful. I really love the scent, and it produces a nice slick, protective lather. So far, I really don't see any difference between AdP and RazoRock XXXt in terms of performance. Now price is another story. At 1/6 the price, RazoRock wins!

Going to burn some samples before NB Blossomwood. Up first is Barrister and Mann Tre Citta.

Some great choices there!

I'm about halfway through my tub of NB Signature. Zero issues and zero complaints. It's great stuff. Doesn't need much water. I've even shaved a few times without using a brush. Just smeared it on to see what it would be like. I prefer a brush, but for traveling, certainly would be an option. I'm finding the matching gel to be a bit tacky -- which is something I've found in other aloe based AS's.

Just over two weeks in with my RR Moroccan Secret. My few, minor, lather issues have been corrected and it is going well.

Use More Product, solved it. I am up to about 2.4g average now, but that will likely continue to climb.

Am finishing my third week of Mike's Lily of the Valley and it appears to be only half gone. This puck is lasting much longer than my other Mike's experiences. I am still enjoying it so that's a good thing. Once you get it dialed in, Mike's delivers a heck of good shave.

I didn't dislike the C&E SS -- I just didn't like it as much as EF, MWF, AOS, CADE, Arlington or Tabac, and I arbitrarily determined that I needed to cut it down to 6 soaps.

Other than the EF, I have back ups for everything. :blush:

Off topic, who is that in your avatar? It's on the edge of my memory...

Here was PdP face lathered with the Plisson synth. Looked better, performance maybe not quite as good for some reason. I'll try again tomorrow. Might have been the new gillette SB blade.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401577482.732132.jpg

Top Bottom