What's new

Kevdogg's inspirational Weight Loss thread

I've been quite successful by juicing. I go two days on juice then a day of normal eating then two days of juicing again. This is important because you will be able to maintain the pattern for a long time. When juicing I use as many different vegetables as possible to make sure I get what my body needs. Net weight loss using my method is about 2 to 3 lbs per week.

Today 3423 of 3480. Barely under.

If 3480 is your target, THAT or anything under is a winner.

If you stay at target you are losing weight, anything under target is just a bonus.

Your journey has encouraged me to drop back into my BMI.

I set a target intake that would drop me to the upper BMI in 6 weeks and I seem to be staying on, under, or above the target intake everyday :001_smile

Thank You!!! You have really helped the wife and I to move forward right along with you.

If 3480 is your target, THAT or anything under is a winner.

If you stay at target you are losing weight, anything under target is just a bonus.

Your journey has encouraged me to drop back into my BMI.

I set a target intake that would drop me to the upper BMI in 6 weeks and I seem to be staying on, under, or above the target intake everyday :001_smile

Thank You!!! You have really helped the wife and I to move forward right along with you.

You are welcome. That goes for anyone I have inspired to join me on this journey. It was not my original intention to spur anyone else on. It was my intention to live myself. Am blown away by all the stories of how my fight to lose weight has encouraged others to lose weight as well.

Keep the fight up!!!! For those that have been thinking about this since I started my journey let me encourage you to start small like I did. All I did was try to stay below my target calorie intake. Walking moving around and LIVING has followed!!!!!! You can do it. If you need encouragement you will find it on this site!

I want to share a story. Last night I was out with my wife shopping and on our way home I asked to stop at mcdonalds for a powerade as I was still under my goal and wanted something with flavor. She decided to order herself a large fish meal and she gave me the powerade. I tried a French fry and it tasted NASTY, however I could feel the urge to go down a large fry from there. Thankfully with my lessons the last couple of months I did not. There is something they put in them that makes their food addicting I know it is not good for me but I felt like a guy in a sabbatical on EBay jonesing to bid on a cheap razor, or other shave item. I will say this has helped me with my entry in the GRU summer sabbatical as I have not been too tempted to buy anything as of this post.

I have been watching this thread for a while now, and I am so proud of you, Kev. One thing that I did when I was losing weight many years ago was to keep the same belt and just punch new holes in it. That was my medal of honor. When the tip of the belt finally hit the middle of my back, I knew that I had done what I set out to do. I still have that belt and I will sometimes put it on so I will know where I started and to remind me to never go back again.

I have been watching this thread for a while now, and I am so proud of you, Kev. One thing that I did when I was losing weight many years ago was to keep the same belt and just punch new holes in it. That was my medal of honor. When the tip of the belt finally hit the middle of my back, I knew that I had done what I set out to do. I still have that belt and I will sometimes put it on so I will know where I started and to remind me to never go back again.

I actually thought of doing the same thing with my belt. So far I am down 2 notches on it.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397487905.270430.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397487934.929821.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397487955.923279.jpg

Last week in pictures

Good progress, Kevin. You even dropped the carbohydrate amount by 10% since last time. Nice job!

As you go forward, I would still work on the amount of carbohydrates you take in, especially since 34% of them are coming from sugar. You should aim to get around 150 grams per day, lower if you want to lose weight more quickly (and keep it off).

Good luck!

Kevin,

You're making excellent progress in taking your life back. Just keep moving forward and you'll find more and more things that you can do now that you couldn't before. I'm really enjoying reading about how you are doing and the progress you are making.

I know it was the farthest thing from your mind in starting this, but I'm sure you've inspired many others to drop a few pounds as well. I'm down 10 pounds myself just by making some small changes in my diet from about the same time you started this.

In looking at the chart I'd try to watch your sodium intake.
It'll make you retain water and too much can lead to heart attacks and high blood pressure.

Keep up the good work my friend! That custom title you've earned yourself is awesome.

Weighed in today. Lost another 8 lbs down to 456 lbs. went to jcpenny and got an Easter outfit for church and was able to buy off the shelf That was very encouraging!

Entered in weight and my goal dropped to 3410 a day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom