What's new

Kevdogg's inspirational Weight Loss thread

This looks great Kev. It's been a while since I've posted to this thread but I have been keeping up with your journey, and have really enjoyed seeing how much you have been improving and succeeding. Keep up the amazing job!!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
... More energy to move. I also was able to bend down to pick up a paper off the floor with no issues today (had not been able to say that in a long time, I was at the point where I needed someone to pick up stuff off the floor, or a grabber).

I will be honest and say that I also needed help some days to tie my shoes, due to not being able to raise up my leg to tie them (I can now bend over and tie them more often, not perfectly).

This is a far better indication of your positive progress than stepping on any weigh scale.

:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Today was 3685 of 3480. I did help my wife with decorating for 3 hrs today. Walking standing and assembling.

I'm digging the custom title. Nice work, Mods!

That is very nice custom title, and it fits! I did not even notice it due to being on tapatalk on my phone. That actually helps with motivation in this journey.

Also for those that suggested I see a doctor., an update on that front. I have an appt next month with a new to me doctor ( am switching to a new one who is also helping my wife with her journey as well). I will keep posted on how that goes.

Time to shave then bedtime.

Kevin, those numbers look great. Good for you! Moving forward, if I may make a suggestion, you may want to ease up on the carbohydrates. Having 47% of ones diet made up of carbohydrates is a lot and will surely slow weight loss. You may also want to see a nutritionist. They are the experts. I believe most insurance plans pay for that. Good luck, and keep up the great work!

Kevin, those numbers look great. Good for you! Moving forward, if I may make a suggestion, you may want to ease up on the carbohydrates. Having 47% of ones diet made up of carbohydrates is a lot and will surely slow weight loss. You may also want to see a nutritionist. They are the experts. I believe most insurance plans pay for that. Good luck, and keep up the great work!

+1

Keep it up, Kevin! You're doing great!

When you start feeling tired that is when you know things are happening as before you could not get to that point.

You are moving along well. Keep up the steady pace and both you and your wife will be in much better health.

I will talk to the doc next month about the carbs. Will also look into possibly seeing one as well. I am warming up to the idea of seeing the doc (wife wants me to be checked and be under one).

+1

Keep it up, Kevin! You're doing great!

Thank you for all your encouragement. You might not think it is a big deal but trust me all the words of encouragement are appreciated. Also a few times signing in here and seeing a new one helped to keep me from a food binge.

When you start feeling tired that is when you know things are happening as before you could not get to that point.

You are moving along well. Keep up the steady pace and both you and your wife will be in much better health.
Very true. I plan to stay the course and add a docs input soon. That is what I want is better health.

One thing I have learned on this journey is to not expect perfection out of myself. I am going to have bad days. I just can not let those bad days multiply into bad days In a row or weeks or months. I am so grateful that you all are behind me on this journey. Having support through this is what has kept me on track this long. Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement and advice. I am in your debt in gratitude

On another note I want to share that I am raiding the closet of clothes that I could not wear due to them being too small and they are starting to fit. My jeans today was a pair that was so tight when I started this journey that I called them my skinny jeans and that I felt like they were like a girdle. Today they fit like a normal pair of pants with room in the legs. I am losing weight. I have not weighed in recently but my cloths tell me that I have shrunk some. I can now walk through the store without needing to always hold onto the cart for support or use the provided electric wheelchairs. I actually walked beside my wife shopping today without having to have her wait for me to catch up. I walked the entire length of store and ii did. Not need to sit down for a few minutes to rest. I am very encouraged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
..... On another note I want to share that I am raiding the closet of clothes that I could not wear due to them being too small and they are starting to fit. My jeans today was a pair that was so tight when I started this journey that I called them my skinny jeans and that I felt like they were like a girdle. Today they fit like a normal pair of pants with room in the legs. I am losing weight. I have not weighed in recently but my cloths tell me that I have shrunk some. I can now walk through the store without needing to always hold onto the cart for support or use the provided electric wheelchairs. I actually walked beside my wife shopping today without having to have her wait for me to catch up. I walked the entire length of store and ii did. Not need to sit down for a few minutes to rest. I am very encouraged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You doing a great job! Three cheers to the skinny jeans! :thumbup:

Awesome! Some people get more motivated weighing themselves constantly, but I think if you can do more and fit into clothes that were too tight that's plenty of good feedback. Keep up the good work!

Kevin, keep up the good work.

I am not suggesting that you do what this fellow did, but you might find something in his story that helps you on your journey, as this gent started about where you did. Like him, you'll need to find and stick to your own path. But he proves that it can be done. I think you're off to a fine start.

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/09/162586325/instead-of-surgery-man-pedals-off-the-pounds

PS, let me add: I am overweight and I bicycle. When I rode more I weighed less. It ain't easy, but most things that are worthwhile are not easy. I find your odyssey to be inspiring. Hang in there with it. With Spring emerging, I always find it easier to rack up miles. If walking is your thing, make a point of enjoying the weather, the sunshine and the outdoors. The journey can be as good (sometimes, even more satisfying than) as the destination.

Last edited:
Kev, Congrats on both the jeans and the un-aided shopping!!! That's fantastic. You are well on your way to being healthier, these are testaments to that! It makes me happy to see you making such amazing progress, keep it up!

Careful, Kev. If SWMBO realizes that you can walk and shop for hours....

Jokes aside, congrats and keep it up.

Top Bottom