What's new

Anyone Else Still Using Pinaud Clubman?

But tell us, what are the things you like to splurge on??

Good question! I have an ever-increasing collection of vintage Gillette razors that I buy at yard sales and flea markets and while I never spend very much on those either I've been known to splurge occasionally! I guess it's just in my nature to be happy with what works and not move on unless I have to! :001_rolle The college budget also plays a part I guess....

Honestly, though, now that I know that I'm sticking with DE and straight razor shaving I'll start putting a little more money into it. It's more than just a "better shave" now, it's a hobby and a collection! (so expect me to be asking a lot of questions on soaps and blades soon...) $Razors.gif

I like it, but I use it so rarely that I will not likely replace it when it's done... which won't be for many years at the rate I use it.

Of all my aftershaves, Clubman original is the only one that (for better or worse) stays with you all day. It's probably a weekly thing for me. Still a classic scent though. Because of it's staying power, I need to be a little wary of using it in an office/cube farm, so it tends to be a weekend thing for me. Also, if it gets into fabric, it's staying there until the next hot wash.

Of all my aftershaves, Clubman original is the only one that (for better or worse) stays with you all day. It's probably a weekly thing for me. Still a classic scent though. Because of it's staying power, I need to be a little wary of using it in an office/cube farm, so it tends to be a weekend thing for me. Also, if it gets into fabric, it's staying there until the next hot wash.

I have noticed that it likes to hang around! (especially in fabrics but hey, who shaves with a shirt on anyway?) I've found that a good counter for this is to lightly dab your face with a damp towel (I use the one from my cold rinse) after you apply it to calm the scent it down a bit without taking it away entirely. Just make sure that the towel is dedicated to shaving, though, because as stated above it'll be smelling like Clubman until you throw it in the wash!

Original Clubman, Musk, and VIBR are in my normal rotation. Love how my face feels after splashing on Clubman!

I also have Special Reserve, but I've grown a bit weary of that one. It's a tad too strong, and I'm starting to smell the "old lady" note in the scent.

Absolfrigginglutely! I only have the original and classic vanilla but one or the other gets used weekly.

I love the Clubman, and it's in the rotation. I have to say, though, lately it has taken a back seat to Aqua Velva.

I picked up some Clubman and AV while I was in CVS yesterday. Gave the Clubman a try this morning and I think I like it just fine. I noticed some people say that is stays with them all day, but it's 3pm now and I don't smell it at all. Go figure. :confused2

It's a permanent part of my AS rotation. Classic scent, feels great, lasts and available locally at a reasonable price.
I alternate between the Clubman and the Pinaud VIBR. The Thayers and RazoRock Problem Solver are for....well, you know those days. :blushing:

$IMG_8553.jpg

Top Bottom