What's new

Anyone Else Still Using Pinaud Clubman?

I have always been the economist when it comes to shaving, not to say that I prefer saving money over a good shave, but why spend money when you don't have to? (I buy my razors at yard sales and flea markets too and can't beleive what I've found tbh) That policy is what led me to the Pinaud at first, and while I have dabbled in others I always find myself going back to the Clubman!

For the entirety of my DE shaving career I have always used it, along with my super-expensive Van der Hagen shave soap and brush :001_rolle, but while I am in the process of finding a new brush (and eventually soap), I honestly have no plans of replacing my aftershave!

The stuff smells great and is very strong at first (It has a great feel too it, and doesn't usually bite too hard), then mellows out to leave a nice, subtle scent that lasts a good while. (and compliments my Old Spice deodorant as a bonus :biggrin1:)

Anyone else have this experience with the Pinaud or at least keeps it in the regular rotation, or am I in a club(man) all my own? (sorry I had too haha)

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Once I get through my Florida Water and Aqua Velva, it will be restocked to use alongside my Veg.

Love Clubman, so does about 1/3 of the forum. This stuff is classic and brings back memories of going to the barbershop as long as I can remember. Others will come and go but, Clubman will ALWAYS be front and center in my rotation.

When I first started DE shaving I noticed it was mentioned quite a lot here, but I didn't know if that was because I was searching for advice on cheap and easy-to-get aftershaves or if people actually liked it! I was using it before I started to shave the "right way", so I guess I was on the right track, anyway! haha

Great to hear that other people are continuing to use and enjoy it too!

It will always be a part of my rotation. Matter of fact it's used a lot more then the rest of my AS splashes or balms.

Clubman is great and will always be in my shave den. I can't imagine ever running out of that awesome aftershave.

Absolutely! I love all their products Regular, Vanilla (which doesn't smell like Vanilla) and of course....THE VEG

I love the smell as it always reminds me of an old school barbershop but I find it does not soothe my skin or calm it after the shave. I cold water rinse, alum block and that's it. If I need the smell, I put it on my cheeks only.

I only liked Clubman, but that was it. My wife did not like it all, so I no longer have it. I'm a Bay Rum guy now.

Too bad! So far I have had generally positive remarks from the girlfriend, luckily! I'd hate to have to find something else to use that I like as much! I have been threatening to try Bay Rum though....

Absolutely! I love all their products Regular, Vanilla (which doesn't smell like Vanilla) and of course....THE VEG

I've only tried the Clubman so far, as it's all they carry around here sadly (I'd really like to try some of the others), but eventually I will have to test my fate with the Vegetal!!

proxy.php
For sure. Clubman is one of those affordable luxuries.
Like what Andy Warhol said about Coca-Cola.
But tell us, what are the things you like to splurge on??

Markfinn: My wife treated me to a bottle of Clubman Pinaud, and also a bottle of Old Spice Classic, for helping with cleaning out her late mom's house. So far, I can't find any other Clubman scent aftershave. She let me bring home her late dad's Gillette Tech Chrome ball end which got me started on DE shaving.

I kept seeing the bottles there on the shelf at Walgreen's, so I drank the Kool-Aid earlier this week and picked up a bottle.:scared:

Top Bottom