What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

I started seeing the commercials for these razors a few days ago. Nineteen bucks and change? For a Weishi, razor stand, and some Dorco blades? Yeah, I'll bite but I'll buy locally.

Last edited:
I hate to admit it, but this ad is one of the things that pushed me over the DE line. I also have a friend who is toying with the idea--soley as a result of Rick's ad. One question: It looks very similar to the "Shave Factory" razor I jumped the gun and bought to start with. Is it?

Last edited:
Scored one of these razors at the Walgreen's Rx down the street. Walmart didn't have any.

Looks decent enough. Nice chrome job. No "rattling" as described by some. As I just gave myself a BBS shave a couple of hours ago I'll have to wait until Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning to try it out.

The only reason I bought this is because I didn't have to pay an extra $14 for shipping and a dozen extra blades. OK, I like shiny things. :001_rolle

Last edited:
I hate to admit it, but this ad is one of the things that pushed me over the DE line. I also have a friend who is toying with the idea--soley as a result of Rick's ad. One question: It looks very similar to the "Shave Factory" razor I jumped the gun and bought to start with. Is it?

I have both and they're a little different. The MTO is definitely a little heavier I'd say. The shaving factory was my first ever DE, my wife got it for my Christmas this past year with the VDH set. Little did she know that would have a snowball effect on me and I now own 13 razors:lol:

I have both and they're a little different. The MTO is definitely a little heavier I'd say. The shaving factory was my first ever DE, my wife got it for my Christmas this past year with the VDH set. Little did she know that would have a snowball effect on me and I now own 13 razors:lol:

Sounds like your ready for the nib :a2:

I liked the ad so much that I went to a pawn shop downtown, and bought four of their 60's era DE shavers for $8 each.

Loaded the MTO with a new Wilkinson Sword drugstore blade and lathered with RSC tube cream.

THE VERDICT:

The MTO is a bit more aggressive than my Gillette Techs. As such, it needs to be paired with a better quality blade than the Wilk and definitely a better quality blade than the Dorcos that came in the box.

As such I was timid and did an extra finishing pass after the first three regular passes. Ended up with a great shave but also a mild case of razor burn cooled with witch hazel and Masters Bay Rum.

Until I score some better blades the MTO is likely going to stay on the shelf.

I bought one of these yesterday at Sears (of all places) for $20. It had the "Rick Harrison" packaging but instead of a travel case, it came with a chrome-plated razor stand. I shaved with it this morning and I have to say, it is definitely nothing like a Weishi. The Weishi is light-weight, has serious quality issues and just feels flimsy. The MicroTouch One is very solid, hefty and high quality. The package claims it is solid brass and plated in chrome. I am curious where these are made and by whom.

The only negative thing I have to say is really trivial. There is a curious rattle even after the blade is in place and tightened up but it performed spectacularly well. I was very impressed with the high-shine of the chrome finish. The doors shine like a new President. I'll continue using this for a few weeks but I can tell it's as good a performer as any Gillette TTO I have. I'm glad I bought this piece!

I finally saw one in a store today.

I think it looks sharp, and, to me, looks count, whether it's guitars or razors...If I like the looks, I want to use them. :001_rolle

And, $19.88 is not a bad price, imo.

The only thing that makes me wag my head is that, this particular box store, just stopped carrying their DE blades. Now, there were packs of MTO blades being sold separately, so, maybe that was their plan.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394511859.010796.jpg pic of blades being sold on walmart.com

I bought 100 Dorco 301 blades for $0.75 cents more off eBay. This is a ripoff If they were Personna 74's than it would be an OK price for 12 of those.

Yeah, but 7-8 bucks appears to be the new agreed upon street price. All the drugstores I have checked recently are selling house brand Dorcos at the price point too.

I didn't think it too strange when I found them so expensive in Pittsburgh. But them it crept out to ever Walgreens and CVS I have been in recently.

I haven't been to any dollar stores to see what they're doing.

I saw the add but did not buy the razor. However, I bought a merkur 39c and the rest is history, I now have 6 razors including a slim and Fatboy. Lots of soaps and creams. I am hooked big time. Thanks B&B for enabling me.

Seriously? The One Touch razor is just a remarketed Weishi/SS clone...lol You can get the same thing on the bay all day long for about $10... Just saying...

But at least it lets people know there's something else out there, and it happens to be a great starter razor. I don't know if I would have believed anything from a mini-infomercial back then, but I only started searching for alternatives when I was tired of either growing a beard or bleeding in the morning. I might have started ages ago if it had been advertised to me.

Same here, been at for 7 months now and my evening shave is the high point of my day

Last edited:
Top Bottom