What's new

My Guess... 3017

are we doing a run at MdC? I may be able to bump my next couple of 30 day soaps for a 6 month run at one of my jars of MdC.

mine are the 170g Scented, so I figured 5-6 months of daily shaving, given my past experience with it.

Saying a soap will last 6 months around you is like saying a fully loaded crack pipe would last 6 minutes in a locked room with Rob Ford.
I appreciate your past experience with it, but that may have been in a drunken stupor. I give the 170 grams of MdC three months tops when subjected to your full attention:thumbup:

Figaro croap is nearing its end. Only a large ring remains on the outside diameter of the plastic bowl. One or two shaves and it's gone.

Saying a soap will last 6 months around you is like saying a fully loaded crack pipe would last 6 minutes in a locked room with Rob Ford.
I appreciate your past experience with it, but that may have been in a drunken stupor. I give the 170 grams of MdC three months tops when subjected to your full attention:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bahahahahaha!!!

brucered, how many grams of soap are you averaging per shave now? I don't remember the number you mentioned before, but I remember being impressed with your ability to annihilate soaps.

All classics! All fantastic!! Those are my blades, too!

I'm down with an MdC Challenge. I have about 10-14 shaves left on a Classic Shaving puck (It could disappear quicker, I suppose…). I will put off tallow AOS Lemon...

Bahahahahaha!!!

brucered, how many grams of soap are you averaging per shave now? I don't remember the number you mentioned before, but I remember being impressed with your ability to annihilate soaps.

soft soaps, 4g per shave.
PdP, LaToja, SnS 1.5-2.5g

MdC will likely be around 1-1.25g, but that is a total guess this time around.

The half block of RR Christmas in Tuscany is almost done and I'm starting to think about what should come next. It looks like my still strong motivation to stay with the 2014 Sabbatical is going to save me $65 for a tub of MDC. Good luck with that one, gentlemen. Sounds like one for the ages. I am looking forward to your progress.

Seems like a few guys may be thinking of doing the 3017 treatement on MdC.

I also have 2 unopened jars and a 3/4 Fougure, but will gear myself up for a run at one of the 170g Scented Jars that is calling for attention.

If all goes well and my plan sticks, I should be starting it in about 10 days when my PannaCreama is done.

My longest run so far was with the PdP at 88 days...so this will be a true test for me, if I try to tackle it.

I'm down with a run on MdC. It could be similar to the Cade Challenge.

Screw it, I am officially in for an MdC run. Actually, I am already doing it, since unscented MdC has been the only soap to touch my face in 2014.

My jar of MdC wasn't 100% full when I started. I weighed my jar (see picture below) after the first week of continual use (01/07/2014) so I could track progress. The plan is to weigh the jar each month to roughly gauge usage.

$MDC_20140107.jpg

If all goes well, I might just try to 3017 a kilo of p. 160 next :biggrin1:

My Harris journey is indeed over. Five pucks nose-to-tail certainly made for great shaving. Looking forward to Haslinger "Sage" tomorrow.

My Harris journey is indeed over. Five pucks nose-to-tail certainly made for great shaving. Looking forward to Haslinger "Sage" tomorrow.

That would be two years of soap for me. Nice work.

I think that this little 3017 experiment has shown me that croaps are probably better for my use than hard soaps. At some point I'll take the tootsie pop challenge on a puck of Harris or Tabac.

I also realize I've been in this thread for over a year. It's been fun.

I have about 10 days left on my half a brick of RazoRock CIT, and by luck I was give a jar of MdC for Christmas.
I would love to join in on the MdC challenge.

I have a jar of MdC scented and would be in for an MdC challenge too! I've got a week or two of RazoRock S. Maria cream left and then I will be looking for the next product to 3017 anyway.

Top Bottom