What's new

My Guess... 3017

Today the Proraso green tub old formulation "died" after 65 shaves....wellcom Tabula Rasa...let s talk :)

Tam
Finished mine yesterday, used exclusively 1/01/2013 - 13/02/2013 except for a couple of days travelling for work. Happy to rotate other soaps for a while now, got sick of only one soap at a time.

I finished up the Tabac yesterday. It lasted from 11/27/12 - 2/13/13. This morning, I went back the partial tub of Cella I've been using on and off. I think the Tabac lather better, but I prefer the scent of Cella.

My list is as follows:

RazorRock XXX 4/xx/12 - 6/11/12
Proraso 6/12/12 - 8/16/12
P.160 8/17/12 - 9/8/12
Arlington 9/13/12 - 11/26/12
Tabac 11/27/12 - 2/13/13
Gently used Cella 2/14/13 - TBD

I'm 10 shaves in on Arlington (12 shaves including the two the puck had on it before). I don't see any progress on the puck yet so I'm wondering how many shaves I have to go. I will say the lathers seem to get better every shave with this one and loading like I hate it is quite the perfect method. Yields great shaves.

Yes!

Almond is still rocking each morning.

:biggrin1:

I'm keeping track of several shave factors this time around and looking forward to seeing how close your guess is. I have a strange feeling that you'll be awfully close.

I looked a little closer at the puck after last nights shave (use 13) and did notice that the puck is slightly concave. I guess the color of the puck is a little misleading. Great shave as always though. :thumbup:

I finished up the Tabac yesterday. It lasted from 11/27/12 - 2/13/13. This morning, I went back the partial tub of Cella I've been using on and off. I think the Tabac lather better, but I prefer the scent of Cella.
Two and a half months for a full puck of Tabac??? :blink:

I used my puck for the month of Tabactober 2011, then pulled it out again mid-December 2012 and I still think I have a month left! I'm a solid three months of shaves into the puck and can't see the bottom of the bowl.

I agree with you about Cella.

Two and a half months for a full puck of Tabac??? :blink:

I used my puck for the month of Tabactober 2011, then pulled it out again mid-December 2012 and I still think I have a month left! I'm a solid three months of shaves into the puck and can't see the bottom of the bowl.

I agree with you about Cella.

Up until Feb 1, I was in a house with hard water. So I would add a thin layer of water to the puck and let it soak while I showered. Then load for a slow 30 count. At the new house (with a water softener) I stopped soaking the puck. I also started backing off the loading count. I found that soft water makes a huge difference in lather. I imagine another puck will last a lot longer now.

QCS Briar Cream was emptied out today.

87.3g / 14 shaves. 1/2 with a 2 band soap eater, 1/2 with a Kent BLK8.

next up, GFT Coconut Cream....tub with cream weights in at 241g. i have no idea what an empty tub weights, but i guess it's near full.

Last edited:
QCS Briar Cream was emptied out today.

87.3g / 14 shaves. 1/2 with a 2 band soap eater, 1/2 with a Kent BLK8.

next up, GFT Coconut Cream....tub with cream weights in at 241g. i have no idea what an empty tub weights, but i guess it's near full.

Yeah, I don't think you are using enough product.... :biggrin1:

I'm not trying to use it up fast, it's just going that way.

i have a feeling many non-3017 people don't realize how fast they go thru stuff, as they have 20-50 different soaps in rotation.

when you measure and use a product exclusively, it clearly shows how long it lasts and it's value (if that's a concern)

i think with my GFT Coconut Cream, i'll scoop it and bowl lather...at least for a while.

My lather vs Brucered's "I'm not trying to use it up fast, it's just going that way" lather:lol:
$cst.gif

Pushed the remains of my Briar off the sides of the container so it would load better. Maybe three shaves left. I think I'm going to tempt fate and break out some Mike's for my next round. This will be the definitive test of if I have a lanolin sensitivity or not.

Pushed the remains of my Briar off the sides of the container so it would load better. Maybe three shaves left. I think I'm going to tempt fate and break out some Mike's for my next round. This will be the definitive test of if I have a lanolin sensitivity or not.

Do a test lather on the inside of your arm first. There is no sense giving yourself a red, inflamed face if you don't have to.

Top Bottom