What's new

What are some good jeans for under $100?

There was a nice denim thread a while back, but many, if not most, of the brands cost several hundred dollars. What are some good brands that cost less than $100 (probably closer to $75)?

As far as I'm concerned, all good jeans are under 100 bucks! Designer jeans to me are as idiotic as designer t shirts. They are jeans, they are not designer...

And I have no issue paying what stuff is worth, whether it be thousands for a suit, or 20 bucks for my Dickies.

As far as jeans reccy's, you can't go wrong with Lee or Levi's, and Patagonia makes a really comfortable denim. Currently I have some Prana's which are super comfortable I got for 40 buck on sale.

I like Levis 550, as the cut fits me well. I am not a "low rise" kinda guy, and I don't want to have to unbutton a bunch of buttons before I can take a pee. I also don't want to have to sit in a bathtub with my jeans on to get them to shrink to fit. Nothing against guys that want to do the 501 STF thing, but that's way too much trouble for me. Just give me a pair of jeans that fits decently and have been washed a couple of times by the manufacturer so I know they will not shrink too violently, and I'm good. That's why I would never order jeans from anywhere. Got to try them on.

I have also had good luck with Nautica jeans. If you have a Nautica outlet near you, you can pick up a pair on sale for $29.99 at various times during the year.

YMMV.

I'm a Wrangler "U" guy. I picked up my first pair a couple months ago and really like them. I pick most of mine up at the local fleet farm for about $15-16, and for me they are the most comfortable jeans out there. For me, its hard to fit jeans that fit well because I have bigger than average legs from being in the Army, and Wranglers work the best for me.

I have a pair of Denizen jeans from Target and am quite happy with them. The pair that I own have a 2 inch vanity sizing factor, YMMV. They were $20 on sale.

You can pick up Ralph Lauren Polo jeans for under $100. They are nice jeans and some have a little more dressy look than Levi's. I also have a few pairs of Nautica and Hilfiger, but they seem to use a little thinner denim in their jeans.

There are jeans called Unbranded that are made of Japanese selvedge and assembled in Macao. A shop called Blue Owl Workshop in Oregon carries them. You can Google it. Price/ Quality is really good.

The only pair of jeans I currently wear are Diamond Gussets...made in the US and a lot less than $100 unless you need kevlar lining!

Tommy Hilfiger jeans fit me well and cost less than $50 at Macys. Last time I bought some they were called the Silver Line or something like that. Just a great basic straight-leg fit, no stupid creases or fading on them - I freakin' hate those creases and jeans with faded areas.

Lol, I don't want to start a virtual fistfight on here, but I think there are huge differences between a $400 pair of ringspun Dior denim or PRPS Japanese selvedge denim, versus run of the mill Wranglers or Polo jeans. It was something I really didn't pay attention to, until I saw the whole process and was explained how it works. An expensive pair should last you a lifetime and conform to your body, perfectly. With that said, at the under $100 range, Levi's are probably your best bet, but......If you can get to a Uniqlo to try on some of their denim, it is phenomenal and probably worth double what they charge. I really like their "Made in Japan" line. Check these out, they're great and go for under $100

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-made-in-japan-denim-regular-fit-jeans/069572-68-031

FTFY.

:001_tt2:

I kid, I kid...

Sort of...

I would love for you to take a tour through a Japanese denim factory versus a Wrangler or Ralph Lauren factory, my best friend's wife used to be the buyer for Memes and Atrium. I've been luck enough to have learned about the entire denim process, from the spinning to the warping, to the dyeing to the weaving to the inspection to the packaging and marketing.....

And while we're talking about marketing. I don't think I've ever seen an ad for Dior denim or PRPS.......

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean that there's no validity to it. The quicker you understand that, the better of you'll be. You can apply that to any area of life. I didn't post my first comment on Badger and Blade for one year, because I didn't know what I was talking about. I so wish others would follow suit.

You have a beautiful day Graham.

I would love for you to take a tour through a Japanese denim factory versus a Wrangler or Ralph Lauren factory, my best friend's wife used to be the buyer for Memes and Atrium. I've been luck enough to have learned about the entire denim process, from the spinning to the warping, to the dyeing to the weaving to the inspection to the packaging and marketing.....

And while we're talking about marketing. I don't think I've ever seen an ad for Dior denim or PRPS.......

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean that there's no validity to it. The quicker you understand that, the better of you'll be. You can apply that to any area of life. I didn't post my first comment on Badger and Blade for one year, because I didn't know what I was talking about. I so wish others would follow suit.

You have a beautiful day Graham.

Firstly, I was just kidding around with you, hence the smiley. Secondly, I do know what I am talking about when it comes to cloth, I am actually finalizing an order to Taroni in Como, Italy for some custom silk taffeta for a jacket lining woven on some of the only wooden hand looms left in existence in the whole world.

My whole point is that denim is not supposed to be that high end. Once you surpass it's basic functionality, it's all irrelevant. And I can guarantee that my Patagonia jeans have just as good of denim as Dior and considerably more socially responsible sourcing.

Anyway, if it is something you enjoy, that's great,and I'm happy for you. But try not to take what is clearly good natured ribbing so seriously.

Firstly, I was just kidding around with you, hence the smiley. Secondly, I do know what I am talking about when it comes to cloth, I am actually finalizing an order to Taroni in Como, Italy for some custom silk taffeta for a jacket lining woven on some of the only wooden hand looms left in existence in the whole world.

My whole point is that denim is not supposed to be that high end. Once you surpass it's basic functionality, it's all irrelevant. And I can guarantee that my Patagonia jeans have just as good of denim as Dior and considerably more socially responsible sourcing.

Anyway, if it is something you enjoy, that's great,and I'm happy for you. But try not to take what is clearly good natured ribbing so seriously.

Okay. I'm not sure where you live, I live in NYC, who cares, right?

Where I live, a lot of people dress up rather casually, that could mean really expensive well made denim, a Supreme sweat shirt and Nike SB's. It could also mean, that same denim with a fitted Turnbull shirt, Brioni velvet blazer and Todd's loafers. I, personally do both sometimes. I like to dress lots of different ways, as for me, fashion is a form of expression.

Just because you think that jeans aren't supposed to be high end because that what wasn't what Levi Strauss intended over 100 years ago, doesn't mean that times haven't changed, or other people don't disagree.

Yeah, I saw the smiley face, great. For me, I think that's a wonderful way to take a little jab at someone with a quick out, because "hey it was a little joke, come on man, didn't you get it?"

I don't know you and, you don't know me. We've never shared anything close to a conversation on B&B. So I don't get your jocular moments,

And you add did the little, "I kid, sort of." So please don't act like you weren't even try to be the least bit obnoxious.

I take fashion extremely seriously,and in my opinion, just because someone buys something from Italy, it doesn't make them fashionable. I'm 3/4 Italian, I've never seen an Italian person in Italy wear Taroni in my life. With that said I've never seen them wear Brioni or Loro Piana either. My point there is just because you buy something from Italy, and it's a jacket lining doesn't prove the slightest iota of fashion knowledge. You might be Nick Sullivan, you might be a goof ball who wears argyle with Crocs, who knows?. And if you are as fashion knowledgeable as you think you are, then I'm surprised the rise of well crafted, artisan denim since 2002 has completely missed you. Honestly, that's not a shot. I am just surprised.

My point is is because I take fashion seriously, and I come on here and try to offer a serious and knowledgeable point of view, I don't appreciate someone I don't know, basically calling me a lemming, who can't think for myself. If you put the time and money I put into my wardrobe into yours, you wouldn't appreciate it either. Regardless, I'm done with it, at this point. I'll move on. No hard feelings on my end.

But on a side note, this really is why sometimes, I feel like what's the point of coming on here and offering the opinion of something that's different what the "average joe" might think? I feel like people who suggest anything expensive in places on this forum are immediately labeled marketing zombie. With that said there are people on here who care about the difference between a Thomas Pink dress shirt vs a Vineyard Vines. or a Pig Whistle rye vs plain beam, or a bottle of Creed vs. the Old Spice that they love.

And I have nothing but respect for those people, who I have learned a lot from. Expensive does not always mean better. I would say even around 50% of the time that's so. But some times it is better and people on here in general, are going to lose out on experiencing a lot of things in life if they don't learn that.

Yes, the 10 cent Feather blade blows away the $4 Gillette Fusion, but that isn't always the case.

Top Bottom