What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

Who has the best price on the cobra now ? Also i see classicshavimg.com has it for $169.00 Come with 15 Pro Feather blades. Also at $169.00 is this Razor Staineless Steel? I would imagine so for that price ?

Last edited:
Shave #5 tonight-

Used my $2.45 Horsehair brush with P160 soap.

A nice lather but I am still on the fence with horsehair...just too skritchy and had to paint on the lather as circular motions are too rough for my face.
The shave mirrored #3 and #4 very smooth. I am getting a little too carefree using the Cobra, whipping it about my face, using pressure, and not a single cut or weeper.
But...
still have to work on the sides of my mouth and the middle part of my neck. Both still have light stubble after the second and third pass.

Used the alum but used it as more of a "guide" in seeing how the razor preformed.No aftershave used.
One more shave before the Cobra heads out Wednesday to the next lucky tour recipient.

Jeff

Shave #6 (Final shave)

Today was my last day with the Cobra :(
Used a Wilkinson Sword soap stick and my TGN 22mm XH Finest Badger custom brush. Blade was a Feather Pro on it's 4th shave.

Made my first two passes and was pretty smooth with the exception of both sides of my mouth (again), and took the advice of a couple members to stretch my face,not unlike shaving with a straight.
Did this for three more passes and finally got the results I was looking for.

Not sure if it's the wide blade not fitting in well in this specific area or tough hair but I have tried blowing out my cheeks,multiple passes,different angles, and stretching my face to finally get BBS.
Weird because this isn't an issue with my DE razors.

Finished up with cold water rinse and the alum block and there was definately some stinging this time as to be expected with the amount of passes I had just done.

All in all I enjoyed my time with the Cobra and can see why so many people like it, it's a fine razor.

I want to personally Thank Michael aka:poonjaji for allowing me to take place in the tour.
The razor shipped out this morning to MGM grand. I added in some samples of 4711 & Floid Vigoroso to the massive amounts of samples already in the kit.

For those who are next on the tour here is a little taste of what you'll be getting-

$001.jpg

Jeff

Cobra Classic North American Tour
JCturboT (with razor)
MGM grand
bastimret
jmsodpc
Krato
ERVARGASNY
heybatter
<your name goes here>

Thanks!

Last edited:
One member removed (due to purchase), three new members added.

MGM grand (awaiting delivery)
bastimret
Krato
ERVARGASNY
heybatter
joe j
Cigarettes,Cigars

Please contact me if you would like to be added to the list.

Thanks! :biggrin1:

Last edited:
Wow, there is a ton of stuff in this box! The smell of the combined soaps hits you in the face when you open it up! Arrived yesterday and I had Shave #1 with it this morning. Skipped the multitude of soap and cream samples and went with the tried and true Vitos Extra Super from my den, lathered up with a Shavemac D01, and let it sit while I prepped the Cobra. Loaded in a fresh Feather blade from the pack provided. Had to fiddle with it a bit before I got the blade seated properly after closing the hinge, it kept slipping off the nubs slightly as I tried to close and lock it. Started into the first pass, trying to get the angle dialed in. Coming off the Titan H1 with it's very agressive blade exposure, I think I started a little too steep with the Cobra, causing a bit of irritation and a small nick with the first pass on my lower neck. Mellowed out the angle a bit for the second XTG pass, which went well. Decided to go all in and went ATG for a third pass with good results. Stayed off the lower neck due to the burn I could already feel from the previous two passes, but it went ATG on my upper lip, chin, jaw, and cheeks quite smoothly, with one small nick on the upper lip toward the corner of the mouth. Overall a great shave. The burn on my neck cooled down pretty quickly after alum and WH, and I grabbed the sample of 4711 AS to splash on. WHOA! FEEL THE BURN!!! Even after the alum took off some of the initial sting this stuff was wicked intense. I've used a sample of 4711 from Gary before and never did it feel like this. Crazy.

I must say, I like the feel of the wide but narrow head on this guy. Easy to manuver. It's weird using a SE though, as I kept wanting to flip it around and keep shaving but instead kept having to rinse it off over and over again. The grip felt good in most positions, except when it came time for the ATG on the neck chin area. Then my normal grip felt wonky as the handle was now backwards and upsidedown. The feather blade performed very well, will continue to use it for the next two shaves before trying out one of the Kai Milds to compare. Maybe next I'll experiment with some of the sample soaps.

Wow, there is a ton of stuff in this box! The smell of the combined soaps hits you in the face when you open it up! Arrived yesterday and I had Shave #1 with it this morning. Skipped the multitude of soap and cream samples and went with the tried and true Vitos Extra Super from my den, lathered up with a Shavemac D01, and let it sit while I prepped the Cobra. Loaded in a fresh Feather blade from the pack provided. Had to fiddle with it a bit before I got the blade seated properly after closing the hinge, it kept slipping off the nubs slightly as I tried to close and lock it. Started into the first pass, trying to get the angle dialed in. Coming off the Titan H1 with it's very agressive blade exposure, I think I started a little too steep with the Cobra, causing a bit of irritation and a small nick with the first pass on my lower neck. Mellowed out the angle a bit for the second XTG pass, which went well. Decided to go all in and went ATG for a third pass with good results. Stayed off the lower neck due to the burn I could already feel from the previous two passes, but it went ATG on my upper lip, chin, jaw, and cheeks quite smoothly, with one small nick on the upper lip toward the corner of the mouth. Overall a great shave. The burn on my neck cooled down pretty quickly after alum and WH, and I grabbed the sample of 4711 AS to splash on. WHOA! FEEL THE BURN!!! Even after the alum took off some of the initial sting this stuff was wicked intense. I've used a sample of 4711 from Gary before and never did it feel like this. Crazy.

I must say, I like the feel of the wide but narrow head on this guy. Easy to manuver. It's weird using a SE though, as I kept wanting to flip it around and keep shaving but instead kept having to rinse it off over and over again. The grip felt good in most positions, except when it came time for the ATG on the neck chin area. Then my normal grip felt wonky as the handle was now backwards and upsidedown. The feather blade performed very well, will continue to use it for the next two shaves before trying out one of the Kai Milds to compare. Maybe next I'll experiment with some of the sample soaps.
Great Review, and an honest one at that :thumbup: It should be coming to me after you send it to the next guy"Krato", Ive been curious about this razor, and also using the Titan H1 as my GoTo Razor, So far the Titan Has been Irreplaceable no other razor in my ShaveDen can Compare to it at all Even with just one pass that Titan is a BadBoy and gets the job done. I'm not a fan of Aggressive Razors at all or Open Combs, But the Titan has changed that as its aggressiveness doesn't affect me in anyway not even Redness, So i find that weird, Maybe its was made just for me :biggrin1:.

I'm looking Forward to trying that Corbra. Thanks for the Review.

Last edited:
Two members added.

bastimret (with razor)
Krato
ERVARGASNY
heybatter
joe j
Cigarettes,Cigars
Galhatz
ElliotR

Please contact me if you would like to be added to the tour.

Last edited:
Im Curious, Who funds such a pass around ?

Mr. Wallet. :wink2: Superbleu and I started this over a year ago with our Cobras and provided the blades. I may eventually bring her home, but there are at least a handful more that will get a turn...including you. :biggrin1:

Ok, all done. I planned on shipping it out today but got stuck at work :p Should go out tomorrow. I'll post a few more addendum comments to my previous post when I get a chance, haven't been on the forum much the past week or so.

Another member added to the tour, another removed due to purchase.

bastimret (shipping razor)
Krato
ERVARGASNY
heybatter
joe j
Cigarettes,Cigars
ElliotR
Tim_McD

Last edited:
Mr. Wallet. :wink2: Superbleu and I started this over a year ago with our Cobras and provided the blades. I may eventually bring her home, but there are at least a handful more that will get a turn...including you. :biggrin1:
Thats Awesome, Thanks for Everything in Advance :thumbup:

Top Bottom