What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wore Nameless for the first couple of hours this morning during my workout, and was very surprised at the scent, which was very different from what I expected based on the notes. Rather than a dark, rich gourmand type scent, this was very light. I knew it smelled familiar, and finally realized it smells a great deal like Gucci II, with it's black tea note. Interesting that black tea isn't listed in the notes. If you like Gucci II, you'll probably like Nameless.

proxy.php

Randy,

How does this compare to other Ambres out there? I find Ambre Sultan by Lutens and Ambre Russe by HDP to be too medicinal. However I am a fan of Dior's Ambre Nuit but think of it as more of a fall/winter scent.

Ambre 114 isn't nearly as herbal/spicy as Ambre Sultan. It's probably close to Ambre Russe, as it does seem to have developed a very slight medicinal note, but it's not that noticeable to my nose. But that medicinal note doesn't bother me, so if you don't like that note, it might stand out much more to you. Probably one you should sample before buying a full bottle.

Kenzo Tokyo

A modern, fresh spicy-citrus. The notes work in harmony and balance to my nose. I don't normally care for that certain "modern" note that most department store scents have in common, but in this case it does works for me. It doesn't clobber me over the head, nor does it stick to me like napalm.

Serge Lutens Musc Kublai Khan

Jason..a little off topic but I like the quote in your sig. Having some conflict with some different things and it hit me square between the eyes. Maybe I should read Dune? Not a huge sci-fi fan but that's good stuff.

On topic:

PDN Maharadjah, from a sample.
This will be a fall/winter favorite for me, I'm sure of it. A bit much for the current weather though.

T&H almond shave cream. DAMN, what a scent. Don't know why I was expecting it to be crummy like some cheap shower gel almond. This stuff is sophisticated, like what you'd expect an almond liquor would smell like. Of course it'd be hilarious if it were just some almond oil and my head is doing the rest of the work.

Going through the T&H sampler and this definitely beats the rose and 1805.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom