What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

$017 (150x122).jpg $007 (12).JPG

Mooshi says NO!

I want that cat!!

Last edited:
Arley, i would highly advise against this, my friend. If the R41 and the Cobra did not suit you, then the FaTip will not either, i am afraid. The FaTip is less aggressive than the R41, but aggressive, nonetheless and more so than the Cobra, in my opinion as i have tried both. i find no noticeable difference from the FaTip and the Joris head as far as shaves are concerned, notwithstanding the handles weight, and i doubt you will enjoy it. Again, YMMV, but from what you have written regarding OCs, i do not think it will work for you.

Well I had a FaTip Piccolo in nickel. I only shaved with it once and sold it. I did not perform bad on my face, but I sold to buy some more SE's. To be fair I should give it another try.

You SOLD your Fatip??

Maybe too prematurely. I did not give it a proper work out.

I want that cat!!

You are not cool enough to own an Exotic Shorthair....we are a unique group.

hahahaha Like I said Mooshi said NOOOOOO!!!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bluesbishop
I want that cat!!

You are not cool enough to own an Exotic Shorthair....we are a unique group.

Looks like all the teeth are straight and nothing else bent or broken. what you need to ask yourself is is it worth it to you? Are you willing to go that amount. What will you do with this razor?
Do you want to buy and sell to make money, use it yourself, make it a collectable, become an antique dealer?
these are all questions you need to ask before buying anything. I personally would not spend more then $20 on an old razor. That is just me. Now with that said, I bought two new, one short comb and one long come that I sent in for a re-plate job. That is over $20 limit but they will be personal shavers for me.
Here is where "YMMV" comes in. One man's treasure....well you know the saying.
Frank

Looks like all the teeth are straight and nothing else bent or broken. what you need to ask yourself is is it worth it to you? Are you willing to go that amount. What will you do with this razor?
Do you want to buy and sell to make money, use it yourself, make it a collectable, become an antique dealer?
these are all questions you need to ask before buying anything. I personally would not spend more then $20 on an old razor. That is just me. Now with that said, I bought two new, one short comb and one long come that I sent in for a re-plate job. That is over $20 limit but they will be personal shavers for me.
Here is where "YMMV" comes in. One man's treasure....well you know the saying.
Frank

This was a very helpful answer for me personally. Thank you. To get an idea, what would a replating cost be on something like this?

I'm an avid Harley rider with a tricked out custom Fatboy...so when I think of re-chroming, my mind and my wallet starts to hurt.

If anyone purchased a FaTip Grande in Chrome, I would love to see pics of the head up close, as the nickel was good but not great as far as the finish.

I am very picky when it comes to razors, unless they look great, I do not want them as part of my collection...so any pics would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I heard that! Been thinking of chroming out the front end of my 2009 Ultra Classic.

This was a very helpful answer for me personally. Thank you. To get an idea, what would a replating cost be on something like this?

I'm an avid Harley rider with a tricked out custom Fatboy...so when I think of re-chroming, my mind and my wallet starts to hurt.

Last edited:
For me, when it comes ti a razor getting re-plated it is a matter of personal choice... For me depends on how much I use that razor, and will I be keeing it in my rotation.

If i love a razor... Who cares what the "market value" of that razor is.... If I over paid and got it replated to boot, it is for my shaving pleasure and enjoyment....I like shiny things....I didnt enter hobby to be like the guys in storage wars, trying ti fid a deal and flip it for profit.... Tge razors I keep I use! I am not a collector.

My best advice when it comes to buying or even sending out a replate.... Make sure it is a razor you truly like and plan on using... If it is.... Go for it!! It will give you many years of enjoyment....!!

For me, when it comes ti a razor getting re-plated it is a matter of personal choice... For me depends on how much I use that razor, and will I be keeing it in my rotation.

If i love a razor... Who cares what the "market value" of that razor is.... If I over paid and got it replated to boot, it is for my shaving pleasure and enjoyment....I like shiny things....I didnt enter hobby to be like the guys in storage wars, trying ti fid a deal and flip it for profit.... Tge razors I keep I use! I am not a collector.

My best advice when it comes to buying or even sending out a replate.... Make sure it is a razor you truly like and plan on using... If it is.... Go for it!! It will give you many years of enjoyment....!!
I am 100% on that one as well. The value is what you think it is!

I have a Muhle R101 OC and it is my favorite razor. It gives me a better shave than my Feather SS and any of my old Gillittee SS or Slim Adjustables. I have an old Gillette Bostonian, but it is a little to aggressive for me.

Top Bottom