What's new

Coco butter? Really?

I warm up my face with really hot water or towel opening up my pores. I then rub the end of the stick on my face and use my hands to rub it in. I let it set for a few mins and splash hot water on my face and apply shaving cream. After applying the coco butter I usually strop at that point.

sounds smart i always have cocoa butter but never thought of using it as a pre shave,i will for sure give it a shot.but i just hope it doesnt clog my pores

Last edited:
I have been using the cocoA butter ;) for two weeks and still having great shaves. There have been no breakouts. I would recommend it to people with sensitive skin.

Did you do it the same way Braxis did?

kinda sorta,i have to really warm up the cocoa because its stick form and apply to my face,then the hot towel for a few minutes lather up and begin.cant say its better then any other pre shave but I like the fact of what it is an what it does for your skin.i did use it as a lotion before but one time i think i used to much on my face and let it sit too long and ended up with some clogged pores (not bad at all)but i think using it as a pre shave is perfect because it doesnt sit on your face that long plus the latering and washing helps.i will be doing more of this thanks for the idea+its a cheap alternative

I have been using The Real Shaving Company facial scrub which contains Cocoa Butter. I consistently get better shaves when I use this before shaving.

Brian

I tried some Palmers and found that the str8 shaved ok with it but when I finished up with my DE (still in str8 training) the blade slid right over it and cut barely a hair. Guess I overly buttered up. Feels good though and I mixed a little with WH as a post balm.

How much cocoa butter are you going through (ie. how long is a stick likely to last?) I am interested in this, but I don't want to be hooked on something too extravagant.

I have used it for every time I have shaved and I have used about a 1/3 of the stick. I shave 5 to 6 times a week.

I had a 1/3 bottle of WH and added a 4 inch squirt of Palmers (squeeze bottle version). Then I added the remains of two Ogallala sample bottles (about 1/2 full each) just to kill some of the cocoa smell and it came out a pretty nice AS. Very soothing.

I had a 1/3 bottle of WH and added a 4 inch squirt of Palmers (squeeze bottle version). Then I added the remains of two Ogallala sample bottles (about 1/2 full each) just to kill some of the cocoa smell and it came out a pretty nice AS. Very soothing.
Which witch hazel did you use?

Dickinson's. It's what they sell at my local grocery store. Any plain WH would do. A little bit after I put that on, my face felt like I didn't even shave today it was so soothing.

Which witch hazel did you use?

Last edited:
Top Bottom