What's new

B-Hut Shave Dens?

Hello,

So, I've just taken up DE again and have gotten addicted much like the rest of you, which is most likely why you're here...

I'm in Afghanistan right now and have started to build a make-shift "shave den" in my plywood B-Hut. So far I have built 4 small shelves with discarded wood. I've looked through the intricate "Shave Den" thread but so far can't find examples of any simple, home-built razor shelves. I would do a more thorough search through the thread but the internet here is very touch-and-go.

Just wondering if anyone has done a custom build on anything like that and could post a pic. Thanks!

FYI: I'm looking to house approx 20 DE razors. We have a very good supply here!

Welcome to B&B, benito.
I don't have any helpful info for you.
Just wanted to say thanks for serving and to ask you how the heck you managed to have 20 DEs on deployment?????

find some wood, drill some holes, put some sort of padding over the bare wood. mount said peice of wood onto cabinet doors or something the like. insert razor (s) into drilled holes. rinse and repeat! :w00t::001_smile
thank you for serving!!

Welcome to B&B, benito.
I don't have any helpful info for you.
Just wanted to say thanks for serving and to ask you how the heck you managed to have 20 DEs on deployment?????

Brought 1. Ordered a couple more. Plus, DE is still very popular among the locals here. Lots of the old Chinese Gillettes to choose from. They go for about 2 bucks a piece!

Stay safe brother. Here are a couple racks I found around B&B. Maybe help you with some ideas. Been on one delpoyment myself, just waiting for the next one to pop up.

proxy.php

attachment.php

full

attachment.php

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Benito,

Does it need to be sand-resistant? I see you are in the 'Stan - are there other env. considerations? If not, TheVez has some good options.

I'm going to echo all those requesting you and your men stay safe.

Hello,

So, I've just taken up DE again and have gotten addicted much like the rest of you, which is most likely why you're here...

I'm in Afghanistan right now and have started to build a make-shift "shave den" in my plywood B-Hut. So far I have built 4 small shelves with discarded wood. I've looked through the intricate "Shave Den" thread but so far can't find examples of any simple, home-built razor shelves. I would do a more thorough search through the thread but the internet here is very touch-and-go.

Just wondering if anyone has done a custom build on anything like that and could post a pic. Thanks!

FYI: I'm looking to house approx 20 DE razors. We have a very good supply here!
ya know at times i miss my b-hut. had it all built up the way i liked it. dont miss walking to the shower points tho. or working on the flight line in the heat or slipping on the ice after it snows...... yak now what they can keep the b-hut lol. gl on the chelves my friend

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread but I recently moved into a new b-hut here in Afghanistan. When I moved into my room their was a wall that looked like it was built to be the perfect shave den. I am curious if the OPs handiwork might be something I am getting to enjoy as well.

Attachments

• $DSCN0490.jpg
    $DSCN0490.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 122
Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread but I recently moved into a new b-hut here in Afghanistan. When I moved into my room their was a wall that looked like it was built to be the perfect shave den. I am curious if the OPs handiwork might be something I am getting to enjoy as well.

Very cool :thumbup:

Gotta make due with what you've got, right?

Thank you for your service

I saw a pic from a buddy of mine who is in the army used a lot of surplus parachute cord to weave a shaving gear hammock although he uses cartridge razors. But when he had to move he would just unhook that hammock and roll it with the equipment in it and stow it in his duffle bag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom