What's new

What is your 'signature' scent?

No, it is still available at Zino Davidoff store in Geneva, as well as in the stores here in Brazil. May be they took it off the market in USA? If you like it, try Terre d'Hermes, it is practically the same combination, but a bit lighter. My other advise would be Vintage by John Varvatos.

Yes, it's been taken off the market here in the US. It is still in some of the discount online places.

Maybe if the shipping wasn't so much from Sāo Paolo...

I think the closest I've come to a signature was in the early-nineties when I wore Rapport for a few years until it disappeared from the shops. I was surprised to find it on Amazon last year and bought a bottle. However, I can't wear it now as it reminds me of a period that found me far from my best. My friends and I spent our early twenties doing our very best to drink ourselves to death - a few of us succeeded - and the smell is too redolent of dive clubs, missed friends and the blurred faces of too easy scores. I crawled away before it was too late to get out, but I have so many regrets... the smell of Rapport brings them all back.

Years ago, I would have told you Paco Rabanne pour Homme, then for a while it was Romeo Gigli. Now, the fragrance bug has bit and there's a dresser top loaded with choices, and I pick whatever I'm in the mood for that day. However, what gets a lot of play lately are: Grey Flannel, Habit Rouge, and Clubman Classic Vanilla. Though if the house were theoretically on fire, the two bottles I'd grab without thinking would be Habit Rouge and Guerlain Vetiver.

In high school it was Jilsander Background pour Homme, in college it was Khiel's Original Musk, these days I reach for Eau d'Hermes or Cuir de Russie by Chanel. During formal events I have always worn original Cartier Pasha.

Last edited:
Mine is AQVA cologne over OldSpice aftershave. I usually apply the cologne about 30 monutes after the AS and they seem to go together very well.

I don't have one yet. I will say that I'm wearing Acqua di Parm Colonia almost exclusively lately. Come fall, maybe something else.

For formal events, Oscar de Larenta. Love the smell, and it is the only thing I have ever worn with my tux, so don't really have a choice. I still smell it after it comes back from the cleaners.

I wore it in high school, and loved it. I quit wearing it because my wife hated it.

The things we do for love...

My girlfriend hates it... if she smells it within a half hour of application or I tell her it's Kouros. Per usual, if I don't say anything, she'll say I smell good pretty much regardless of what I'm wearing-- even if she "hates" what I'm wearing.

I'd have to say that Knize 10 is getting the most use these days...it has served me well this week at the tobacco show in Vegas. I've had many people tell me that I smell nice this week. I just love how this stuff dries down ;-)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Although I have tried Czech & Speake's Cologne Samples in the past, I really like and choose as my 'signature scent'...Pinuad Clubman Special Reserve (I do add 10 drops of glycierine per 6oz bottle for moisturizing),. :thumbup:

Christopher :straight: "Hard work is the aftershave [and cologne] of accomplishment". Author Unknown

Attachments

• $clubman special reserve.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Been wearing Armani's Acqua di Gio for years. Been hunting a backup/second/replacement scent. Still get compliments for it around the office. One coworker even went as far as to begin buying it for her husband.

Top Bottom