What's new

SOTD April 11th, 2011 through April 17th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

What a beautiful handle on that brush. I assume that it is the kind of birch used for finer hunting knives.

Friday morning:

Shavemac / Fitjar / Merkur / Floid / Penhaligon's

proxy.php

Have a wonderful day, Gentlemen.

Friday

Music
Alanis Morissette - Under Rug Swept

Hardware
Bukhave Scuttle
Semogue 2000
Joseph Allen & Sons Non-XLL 6/8"

Software
T&H Sandalwood cream
D.R. Harris Marlborough soap
Tabac After Shave Lotion

Have a nice weekend, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

proxy.php

8/8 Geber Weyerberg | Martin de Candre | Semogue 2010 LE | Cade ASB | ELDO Eloge du Traitre
proxy.php

I finished honing this blade for Rene (nicknbleeding) after he recently rescaled it in cocobolo, and couldn't wait to give it a test shave today. The edge was one of the smoothest I've gotten; sadly, it wasn't as sharp as I think it should be. So, I'll take it back to the stones this weekend to tweak it a bit before sadly sending it back to its true owner...

8/8 Geber Weyerberg | Martin de Candre | Semogue 2010 LE | Cade ASB | ELDO Eloge du Traitre

I finished honing this blade for Rene (nicknbleeding) after he recently rescaled it in cocobolo, and couldn't wait to give it a test shave today. The edge was one of the smoothest I've gotten; sadly, it wasn't as sharp as I think it should be. So, I'll take it back to the stones this weekend to tweak it a bit before sadly sending it back to its true owner...

That is a very nice razor indeed.
Beautiful restoration work :thumbup:

Edwin Jagger Medium Silver Tip
Martin de Candre
Merkur 1904
Red Personna
444​

:tongue_sm
proxy.php

Nice shave Marco :thumbup:...But, you actually went French today :tongue_sm??!!

Friday, 15.Abr.2011

Prebarba Proraso
Vulfix 404 "Grosvenor" boar & badger
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna
Edwin Jagger DE86
Personna Continente
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber
Proraso Crema Liquida

proxy.php

Ohhhh, I like this one Emanuel. Well done :thumbup:

Irisch Moos~Vulfix TGN / Poker Play 6/8 / ASB Eau de Rochas

proxy.php

Beautiful Poker Play Jorge :thumbup:. You're not bluffing, eh :lol:?

2011.IV.15
Friday:

DE 89L w/ Bleue Extra (2)
Omega Pro 48 boar
Mitchell's
James Bronnley Gentlemen's AS
[Knize Ten EdT]

Cheers,
Vasco

proxy.php

Vasco,
I can definitely feel the smoothness in this shave. Great gear and a fantastic choice of soap :thumbup:

Friday morning:

Shavemac / Fitjar / Merkur / Floid / Penhaligon's

proxy.php

Have a wonderful day, Gentlemen.

Another great one for the books David :thumbup:. I see lots of folks with customized Shavemacs around these neck of the woods. Very nice :thumbup1:

Thank you gentlemen.

Proraso - Semogue 830 - Slim Adjustable - Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge - Proraso AS
proxy.php

You go Keith. Can't go wrong with Proraso creme and AS...very Clean :thumbup:

Progress l Iridium l Vulfix Silvertip Grade A l Martin de Candre l Myrsol Agua Balsamica

proxy.php

I really like this shot a lot. Well done :thumbup:

Friday

Music
Alanis Morissette - Under Rug Swept

Hardware
Bukhave Scuttle
Semogue 2000
Joseph Allen & Sons Non-XLL 6/8"

Software
T&H Sandalwood cream
D.R. Harris Marlborough soap
Tabac After Shave Lotion

Have a nice weekend, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

I like it, a lot :thumbup:...I really dig the scuttle. Nice touch

proxy.php

proxy.php

Very nice shave and blade Bill :thumbup:. Too bad she has to go back to Rene, but I am sure that he will really love the edge you end up putting on her.

Friday (Rebecca Black must be so pleased!) 15 of April 2011

EJ DE89 + BIC (2)
Semogue 2010
Wilkinson stick
444 Alum Block
Thayer's Medicated SuperHazel
Skino Splash

The almost unknown Semogue 2010 (no the Limited Edition, the regular Pure Badger) has made my delight this week! One of the best Semogue's for face lathering, as with time it becomes a lot more soft than I ever thought he would but he keeps that just right amount of backbone! Really loving this brush, using it for two days straight(now that's a first)!

proxy.php

Last edited:
I like it, a lot :thumbup:...I really dig the scuttle. Nice touch

I like the scuttle too, and this is actually a prototype the potter didn't knew what a scuttle was.
I've been in contact with him again, to make a scuttle with his "signature" pattern so to speak. The cobalt blue is a kind of trade mark as well, and I love the colour blue, so...:biggrin1:
- and if he can pull it off, a matching brush handle :w00t:

Among some of the things I got from him is a large bowl in this signature pattern (first photo) and a smaller bowl/vase in another, but for his work, distinctive pattern (second photo).
I am a big fan of his work.

Friday, 15 April:

Gem MM Clog Pruf
Gem SS/PFTE Blade (13)
Made-Rite 500 PB Brush
Godrej Rich Foam Cream
Pinaud Clubman VI Bay Rum

You go Keith. Can't go wrong with Proraso creme and AS...very Clean :thumbup:

Thanks Robert.

It's a bit of a shame that the Proraso is nearly finished but it's lasted me about 1 year (2 weeks short of the year to the day). I kinda had some cream/soap AD in that time. I will definitely be buying more when I use up a lot more of my soaps/creams.

• Merkur 34C
  • Supermax Stainless Steel (2)
  • RSC Cream + Arko
  • Kent H8
  • Booster Iced Lime
  • Pinaud Citrus Musk EdC

proxy.php

Great pics everyone!! :thumbup1:

Friday

Brush: Rooney Stubby 1
Cream: Vulfix Lavender
Razor: Merkur HD