What's new

Acquisitions for March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
More:

proxy.php

Left to Right: Election Grand Prix, 1966 Caravelle, 1972 Caravelle, Fink 7 day straight razor set

proxy.php

Left to Right: Souvenir of Germany 7 day straight razor set, Akribos XXIV, Van Der Hagen Luxury Shaving Kit

If you wanna keep it just to shave with, replate away. I'm not a collector, but replating would reduce its resale value.

I have to agree with highball. I like my old razors to look seasoned and used. I'm that way with most of my things, though, so it's just my opinion.

Either way it's a nice looking razor and would look great in rhodium.

My haul for March:

5 NOS packs of Super Blue Blades
Trumpers Best Badger brush with wood and chrome handle plus stand
Trumpers Sandalwood Soap
46-47 Aristocrat
President
1911 ABC - plain case, scroll handle
Merkur Slant 37G
1934-40 Open Comb Aristocrat
D-1 Toggle

Trumpers brush and soap were gifts from my girlfriend from when she went on a business trip to London :thumbup:

The guy who sold me the 46-47 Aristocrat and D-1 Toggle told me they were his dads, only used a few times (and it shows). His dad was going to throw them away! :ohmy:

The guy who sold me the 46-47 Aristocrat and D-1 Toggle told me they were his dads, only used a few times (and it shows). His dad was going to throw them away!

Good score. You'd think people would check ebay on old items like these before wanting to throw them away. :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

P

Pjotr

The Duke's sleeping.

proxy.php

He's had a long journey.

Sorry Franz but aside form anything else, brushes just look wrong hanging upside down. Particularly the beautifully proportioned Duke you've got there. So, fixed that for you!

P

Pjotr

More:

proxy.php

Left to Right: Election Grand Prix, 1966 Caravelle, 1972 Caravelle, Fink 7 day straight razor set

proxy.php

Left to Right: Souvenir of Germany 7 day straight razor set, Akribos XXIV, Van Der Hagen Luxury Shaving Kit

I think we can officially award you the "AD Sufferer of the Month" title.

Sorry Franz but aside form anything else, brushes just look wrong hanging upside down. Particularly the beautifully proportioned Duke you've got there. So, fixed that for you!

Thanks! I've been meaning to hang some more fixtures on the ceiling. :lol:

I hadn't actually used him yet so I have no idea why I put him hanging upside down. This new brush has got me all confused :blushing::001_wub:

P

Pjotr

Yeah. I have 2 or 3 other posts in this thread and am not yet done.

Gimme strength! My eyes are tired from looking at all your gear already. I really should do a little post graduate course in acquisition disorder psychology, management and treatment. Would make a killing and be able to spend it all on.....Oops.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pjotr

Thanks! I've been meaning to hang some more fixtures on the ceiling. :lol:

I hadn't actually used him yet so I have no idea why I put him hanging upside down. This new brush has got me all confused :blushing::001_wub:

It does look very weird hanging the right way up from the ceiling!

My haul for March:

5 NOS packs of Super Blue Blades
Trumpers Best Badger brush with wood and chrome handle plus stand
Trumpers Sandalwood Soap
46-47 Aristocrat
President
1911 ABC - plain case, scroll handle
Merkur Slant 37G
1934-40 Open Comb Aristocrat
D-1 Toggle
The guy who sold me the 46-47 Aristocrat and D-1 Toggle told me they were his dads, only used a few times (and it shows). His dad was going to throw them away! :ohmy:

Awesome haul!

Picked this one off ebay, mostly for the chrome New, but it is much cooler than I anticipated. I love the comb with the silver spine. :) Click images for larger versions. For some reason some of the pictures make the razor look like the copper is showing. It isn't. :)

I know I have seen these sets before, but I don't remember seeing one with the Chrome New before. I thought they were typically Tech sets.

Awesome haul!
Picked this one off ebay, mostly for the chrome New, but it is much cooler than I anticipated. I love the comb with the silver spine. :) Click images for larger versions. For some reason some of the pictures make the razor look like the copper is showing. It isn't. :)
I know I have seen these sets before, but I don't remember seeing one with the Chrome New before. I thought they were typically Tech sets.

I think this one is kind of portable barber shop set. And chrome New looks better than gold one, imho. Very nice acquisition, congrats.:thumbup1:

A couple weeks ago I ran across a Rolls Royce shaving mug with a 1965 Gillette SS in very good condition and some kind of cheap old worn out brush and a used puck of soap at an antique mall all for $18.00. I only wanted the mug and razor. So decent deal or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom