What's new

Custom Boar Brush*****Sold out *****

just another Semogue brush

Just? JUST?! Don't get me wrong, I can dig the engraving idea (as long as it's done well) but I kinda thought this brush was about the performance as much as anything else. I don't want a show-piece, I want a work-horse.

Err, work-boar.

Just? JUST?! Don't get me wrong, I can dig the engraving idea (as long as it's done well) but I kinda thought this brush was about the performance as much as anything else. I don't want a show-piece, I want a work-horse.

Err, work-boar.

Semogue already cater for performance, the 1305 for instance. I want a work horse like you, but with a little more 'va va voom' about it.

If I'm going to wait 9+ months for the brush and pay extra than I would for a Semogue, I would like the brush to stand out more aesthetically. The engraving is a definite plus for me, but not a deal breaker.

If I'm going to wait 9+ months for the brush and pay extra than I would for a Semogue, I would like the brush to stand out more aesthetically. The engraving is a definite plus for me, but not a deal breaker.

I like the way this is said. By the time this is all said and done, I will be out of school and hopefully have a job and I will actually be able to get in on this. The first time I will be able to get in on anything from B&B. I would want ti something usable for sure. It needs to have a good backbone but be very appealing to the eye. After all, if I am going to fork over a good wad of cash I want it to be something that we all are very proud of and not something that we look at and say, look what we did. Does that make sense???

Just as an FYI- in prior custom projects it has taken from 9 to 26 months from concept to getting the brush in the members hands. I have no info specific to this project, just that it is the historical record.

Considering I just ordered an Omega 81052 banded boar from WSC, I'm not too much in a rush. Plus I've been looking at a Simpson 2 band at another site.:laugh:

I just recently joined and after emailing Bruno about a shorter handled version of the Semogue SOC I had to reply and say I'm in for this new brush!

Thanks in advance to all the folks putting in the long hours to make this happen! :thumbup:
Brett

You guys have a great momentum building for what looks like another winner for B&B.

Got an Omega Pro last June while waiting out the Eagle. Nice lather from the boar and both yield excellent results.

Appreciate the good looking out of those that know what they are talking about and are trying to get us another great deal. :thumbup1:

Pardon my Ignorance, but why the metal band around the knot? Is it a functional piece, a signature of the manufacturer, or what? I don't really dig it, as it looks "cheap" to me (though I'll probably still get one, as I'm eager to find a short-and-still boar that's competitive, but I'm just wondering aloud...maybe my perception of style is just "off" today (or every day, even:001_huh:)).

Baquah, that it's silver in color is common among most every Semogue I've seen, however, other manufacturers use a ring (Omega, for one - most often black) on their boar brushes. It is functional, but not a requirement (though I believe they are supposed to reduce shedding and improve longevity somehow - I honestly don't know).

Baquah, that it's silver in color is common among most every Semogue I've seen, however, other manufacturers use a ring (Omega, for one - most often black) on their boar brushes. It is functional, but not a requirement (though I believe they are supposed to reduce shedding and improve longevity somehow - I honestly don't know).

Go figure, my Omega 80052 has a black ring that I never really noticed; I suppose it's just the silver that drew my attention to it.

baquah begins frobbing knobs and slapping switches in hopes of fine-tuning his perception...

Kudos to Andrès and others involved in this effort. I know it takes time to pull off something like this, and the results will make us all forget the wait. Maybe, let's not hassle them and trust they'll tell us when they find out something important? I'm quite sure they will. :001_smile

- Bill

Gimme a couple of days to nail something down, and then I'll grant your wish!

Sweet! Looking forward to whatever you have to share. Thanks, Andrés!

For what it's worth, since I'm bringing it up, I'm willing to foot the bill - but hoping a few noble gents would help me.

It would be a CRIME if Andrés had to buy his own brush after all the hard work he's put in for this to become a reality. I vote that we (hereto meaning I, but again, hoping others will help) buy his brush for his efforts. What say you?

Top Bottom