What's new

Custom Boar Brush*****Sold out *****

Hi Josh, gents,

That's not interely true. Shorter loft doesn't mean less hair. Less dense loft does.
By reducing the height of the hair, we're in fact cutting the hair from the base some centimeters, so the number of hairs is the same, the only difference is that they're shorter and there's more waste.

Hi Bruno - true enough, though I had in mind that one had to sort through more total hairs to find suitable hairs for a longer loft, so there was some additional cost when the loft was longer (due to the rarity of such longer hairs). Shorter hairs being easier to come by meant you didn't have to discard as many. May not be that relevant where boar as concerned (given the number of very long lofted boars I've seen). But I totally understand what you are saying - the hair is simply trimmed more, but the total number of hairs is the same.

Just thought the shorter loft would be slightly cheaper as the shorter hairs are easier to come by.

Isn't this handle maker back from vacation yet??? OK Ok ok, I'm still working on being patient. I have got to quit looking at the picture's because I want one today.

Just as an FYI- in prior custom projects it has taken from 9 to 26 months from concept to getting the brush in the members hands. I have no info specific to this project, just that it is the historical record.

Last edited:
Just as an FYI- in prior custom projects it has taken from 9 to 26 months from concept to getting the brush in the members hands. I have no info specific to this project, just that it is the historical record.

I think the wheels fell off the custom job Jim, this is apparently a new model from Semogue, that they liked the idea of with a bit of input from the board, so I'd be surprised if it takes that long.

I would expect the price to be right around the 830 or slightly cheaper

As of right now it looks like there will be a boar custom engraved on the brushes, so I can only assume that will put the price higher. Plus this still feels custom to me, I'm assuming that means it will be a bit more costly.

I think the wheels fell off the custom job Jim, this is apparently a new model from Semogue, that they liked the idea of with a bit of input from the board, so I'd be surprised if it takes that long.

Again I can only assume that with the engraving this is still custom at some level. But I'm speaking from over my station here.

Again I can only assume that with the engraving this is still custom at some level. But I'm speaking from over my station here.
I'm pretty sure the engraving was part of the abandoned custom idea. I doubt it would be engraved if it is to be a new stock item for Vintage Scent/Semogue. I'm sure Bruno will clarify at some point.

Actually, if it were simply a (sanctioned) group buy of a new Semogue model, I'd like it if the thing could be obtained as inexpensively as possible to help bring in over more people that are on the fence.

Actually, if it were simply a (sanctioned) group buy of a new Semogue model, I'd like it if the thing could be obtained as inexpensively as possible to help bring in over more people that are on the fence.

Good point, Klarion.

Also, if engraving is going to raise the price 4-8 dollars (just throwing out numbers) than why even consider it

This is a reasonable proposal. Instead of having an exclusive brush, I think Semogue, Vintage Scent, and Blade & Badger would all profit both monetarily, and PR wise by Semegue marketing this Blade & Badger member "inspired" brush. We will pay less, and Semogue, and Vintage Scent sells more shave gear.

I'm pretty sure the engraving was part of the abandoned custom idea. I doubt it would be engraved if it is to be a new stock item for Vintage Scent/Semogue. I'm sure Bruno will clarify at some point.

Actually, we are still thinking of moving ahead with the engraving. We are considering having a boar head and the year, but nothing is set in stone yet wrt the engraving.

Good point, Klarion.

Also, if engraving is going to raise the price 4-8 dollars (just throwing out numbers) than why even consider it

Because many really want the custom engraving and feel that $4-8 extra is a small price to pay. I know for me $4-8 extra is not a deal-breaker, and although it's not necessary, I'd appreciate the B&B engraving. :thumbup1:

Because many really want the custom engraving and feel that $4-8 extra is a small price to pay. I know for me $4-8 extra is not a deal-breaker, and although it's not necessary, I'd appreciate the B&B engraving. :thumbup1:

Spot on.
I'm for the engraving. Otherwise it's just another Semogue brush, just with fancy bristles, no offence.

+1

Actually, we are still thinking of moving ahead with the engraving. We are considering having a boar head and the year, but nothing is set in stone yet wrt the engraving.

+1

I like the idea that this is still something special even if its "mostly" a stock brush.

Top Bottom