What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

I've been watching the UK version of Life on Mars on DVD and there are two shaving scenes in the first series.
Gene Hunt uses what looks like a slim twist and Sam Tyler uses a Tech?

Both have pretty useless lather though :thumbdown

i liked that show, with all the quirkey characters, the lead actor went on to stardom, he did THE OSCAR WINNING FILM..THE HURT LOCKER.

In Pink Floyd's "The Wall", when Pink goes bat crap crazy, he shaves his entire body with a DE, and at one point, he breaks the blade in half and shaves his eyebrows with it. Also, I saw "The Green Mile" for the first time tonight, and there was a part where they were shaving Graham Greene's head with a straight. I know this is for DE, but I thought I'd throw it in as well. :tongue_sm

I watched "It Could Happen to You" the other day (I know, I know, my wife made me watch it). In the beginning there is a scene with Nicolas Cage shaving with what appears to be a black handled super speed.

In "With Six You Get Eggroll", Doris Day's son is shaving with a DE in the early part of the movie. Couldn't tell what razor it was as all you could see was the silo-door head.

One of my favorite episodes of Leave it to Beaver had both DE shaving (a super speed, I believe), and a barbershop straight shave:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orWPyypLe9Q&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQsNkj_Eyn8&feature=related[/youtube]
Howard McNear (Floyd Lawson) playing a barber named Andy.:laugh:
That was the best LITB episode. The coffee cup on the billboard was good too.

In "With Six You Get Eggroll", Doris Day's son is shaving with a DE in the early part of the movie. Couldn't tell what razor it was as all you could see was the silo-door head.

i love doris day, such a delight, im going to get that movie:thumbup1:

In Pink Floyd's "The Wall", when Pink goes bat crap crazy, he shaves his entire body with a DE, and at one point, he breaks the blade in half and shaves his eyebrows with it. Also, I saw "The Green Mile" for the first time tonight, and there was a part where they were shaving Graham Greene's head with a straight. I know this is for DE, but I thought I'd throw it in as well. :tongue_sm

i saw that one. its on this thread already, gruesome

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, and too lazy to dig through and search... in the movie Howard Stern's Private Parts, Howard Stern shaves with a Gillette black handle flare tip Super Speed.

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, and too lazy to dig through and search... in the movie Howard Stern's Private Parts, Howard Stern shaves with a Gillette black handle flare tip Super Speed.

no i dont see it mentioned, imo look it up now.:wink2:

This past weekend I watched a Jack Lemmon movie, "Avanti!," filmed in Italy in 1972. There is one scene shortly after he checks into the hotel in Italy where he's loading a blade into a Gillette Super Adjustable, but he is not shown actually shaving.

In an earlier movie, "How to Murder Your Wife," from 1965, his valet is shown laying out toiletries in the bathroom before Jack's character gets out of bed. One of those items looked like a gold Slim Adjustable, or whatever Gillette called that model back then.

Jack Lemmon either preferred Gillette adjustables, or it was product placement, or just standard prop dept. policy back then.

Miss Marple 3, "Towards Zero" (2007) has a scene near the beginning showing a man lathering up with a brush, then shaving with what appears to be an open-comb, probably 3-piece. It looks like an old type, but the handle is extraordinarily long. The episode takes place in the 1950s.

This clip is interrupted momentarily by a flashback; the scene ends when he cuts himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djfobx2EuuI#t=3m53s

Top Bottom