What's new

How do you know for sure your going bald?

OK this will either put your mind at ease or it will send you off to the store looking for hair growing tonic :lol:

If you have male pattern baldness.... along with your receding hairline you will find a spot in the middle of the back of your head ( where the skull starts to turn down from the top) that is either very thin or bald. The other indicator is if your grandfather was bald but your father had a full head of hair. This would mean the baldness is hereditary and there isn't much you can do about it.... But think of it this way... if you are going bald then its the perfect excuse to start shaving your head :thumbup:
Of course your wife may give you this look when you do..... :angry: and if you have kids you will most likely get this look from them .... :scared: :crying:
The fun part is trying to explain to all your co-workers why you now have no hair and what all those little bandages on your head are while you are learning all the tricks of head shaving ... just wear some dark sunglasses and no one will know who you are :001_cool: :lol:

I laughed so hard at this!

I made an appointment with the doctor the other day and so we will see what happens there. On another note my dad's, dad is bald and my uncle on my mum's side is bald. Don't know if that's any indicator or not.

I laughed so hard at this!

I made an appointment with the doctor the other day and so we will see what happens there. On another note my dad's, dad is bald and my uncle on my mum's side is bald. Don't know if that's any indicator or not.

As mentioned above, you can look at both sides of your forehead for receeding hairline, and in the back of your head (sort of a beginning circle of hair loss in the back). That would be signs of male pattern baldness as I understand it. I'm sure the internet is full of pictures and drawings if you did a search for it. However, I hope in your case it's something temporary and not MPB!

Generally, as you age your hairline recedes, at least for most men. See a dermatologist who can determine the extend of hair loss. I wouldn't worry about it, although it's easier said than done. Is your crown (top of head) thinning as well?

As a rough guide, if you're just starting to notice that your hair is thinning up front when you're 30, you're doing fine. If you notice you're getting thin in your late teens, then get ready to join the Hair Club for Men.

A for sure sign your hair is on its way out is when you start wearing a pony tail. Look at any male who has one and you can bet their hair is going. :lol::lol:

I started losing my hair in my mid 20s and decided to shave it all of at 33, now I shave it everyday. Had I known that random women would have to rub my head when I've been out i'd have done it sooner.

ok, so I'm not imagining it. I think what got me going on this is my girlfriend said "your going bald old man!" about a week ago. (I'm 30 she's 24) and ever since then I keep looking at my hairline but then try to convince myself that it's not really happening and that my hair has always been this way.

I would hurry up and marry your girlfriend before it all falls out and you can't get a date!!!!:blink:

OK, just kidding, don't buy a ring yet. I've lost a ton of hair. More since I got married and had three kids. (Could have something to do with it:glare:) I've been in your shoes wondering but I noticed mine when I was about 21. As long as you don't let it matter to you everything is fine. I could care less anymore. Of cousre I look so d@m^ good, it doesn't matter if I have hair or not:lol:

most guys find they look a lot better without hair so shaving the head becomes necessity and nothing else matters

If you want to determine whether it's falling out due to pattern baldness, look closely at the hair right on the edge of your hairline. If they're very fine and wispy then this is what it is, as the follicles don't just suddenly stop working, they kind of close up over time.

As for the hereditary angle, I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it. They say it comes from the mother's side, but my hair's been slowly thinning since I was 16 and yet my mother's brother and father were unaffected. My dad and his brother have it, and yet my older brother has a full head of hair. So basically I think the hereditary theory is a red herring

If it bothers you, just shave it all off...

...if not, just wear a hat or sunscreen when it's sunny!

(and the appropriate t-shirt) :lol:

The fun part is trying to explain to all your co-workers why you now have no hair and what all those little bandages on your head are while you are learning all the tricks of head shaving ... just wear some dark sunglasses and no one will know who you are :001_cool: :lol:

I have to take my glasses off the shave around my ears, and nick, very badly, my left ear the other week. That was interesting to explain.......

I started losing my hair in my mid 20s and decided to shave it all of at 33, now I shave it everyday. Had I known that random women would have to rub my head when I've been out i'd have done it sooner.

That happens to me quite often. It's even funnier when my wife is with me and some random chick has to rub my head. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you look in the mirror and it looks like this you may be thinning.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Top Bottom