What's new

Your Favorite Scotch

What is your favorite Scotch? What's the best you've been able to get your hands on?

For me, It would have to be Highland Park 25. Definately Highland Park 25. It was gorgeous.

Followed up by White Horse Lagavulin 16.

My favorite daily drinkers are: HP 12, Laphroaig 15, and Talisker 18.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Talisker 10 ... no, Lagavulin 16 ... no, Laphroaig ... no, Cragganmore ... the Macallan ...

Port Magdalene 25, Port Ellen (if you can find it--closed). I don't care much for blends--Scotch or Irish. If I wanted grain whisky, I would drink Vodka. There is a Malt Maniac webpage written by a gentleman in Holland that covers many malts and seems objective if one can be objective in regard to whisky. I definitely prefer malt whiskies but don't use chlorinated water added or on the side with them.

Lagavulin 16.

I have been wanting to pick up a book on Whisk(e)y. What would you guys recommend? Something by Michael Jackson?

I have been wanting to pick up a book on Whisk(e)y. What would you guys recommend? Something by Michael Jackson?

Complete Guide to Single Malt Scotch: A Connoisseurs's Guide to the Single Malt's of Scotland by Michael Jackson. It's a wonderful book and definately the book, I'd recommend.

The Macallan 12, but considering I'm a scotch newb, I've only tried 3 different scotchs. I'm sure I'll find something I like better every week!

Caol Ila is the best I've ever had. Don't remember the age, but probably the 12. A friend living in the UK brought some to a small gathering. I've never seen a bottle of liquor disappear so quickly, at least since I got out of college. :smile:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The Macallan 12, but considering I'm a scotch newb, I've only tried 3 different scotchs. I'm sure I'll find something I like better every week!

That's pretty good for your third scotch! You'll have to work hard to top that.

Lagavulin 16 is nice, but even more I prefer Laphroaig 10 YO Cask Strength. Less medicinal version (in taste) of standard Laphroaig 10 YO.

Do you guys just drink this straight? :scared:

I'd have exactly the same reaction, if I'd hear that someone would mix his scotch with anything else but a little amount of purified water. Even that purified water is sometimes too much of a mixer. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom