What's new

Share your shave den

This may be the one place I could still be considered a minimalist wetshaver ha! Here is my setup.

My primary razor (Blackbird Ti), bowl (Captain's Choice), and last used brush on the stand on the left of my sink. The other brushes in regular rotation to the right.
View attachment 1522319

Software in a double storage rack underneath; soaps on top, towels and other misc items below.
View attachment 1522320

Copper mug for soaking natural brushes and secondary razor (Lupo 95 OC) on top shelf beside sink. Styptic, blade bank, and my favorite shaving accessory (a fan) on lower shelf.
View attachment 1522321
Both reasonable and well organized. well done!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
So many of you out there, have really nice shave den's! And some of you, your shave den's look like a retail store worth of supplies. For those of you who have been in this shaving hobby/journey for along time, congrats! Eventually, how to tame an unruly shave den, transforms to, how do I get more space to store all my stuff? 😝

This is only a miner update, but for those of you who like to look my shave soaps and aftershaves, a couple new pictures, to show the new items on the shelves. Of course, coffee doesn't belong in a shave den, so sorry, you won't be seeing that there lol.

proxy.php

proxy.php

LED is far superior technology. LED generates next to no heat in wasted energy. It can get far brighter too, in this case, I chose 85-watt equivalent. Bulbs only use about 14W of power MAX to achieve that. RGB lets you tune the light qe needed yes.

I was insprired by @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker's lights and put some RGB LED's into the den last night. The phone app is cool and lets you adjust a lot, but I really enjoyed linking them to my home automation (in my case, google home). Took about 10 min to setup my first "shaving" routine.

Now I say "Hey Google, I'm going to shave" and:
  1. All the speakers in all the rooms announce "Master Flask is going to shave" (The kids will hack that out soon I'm sure)
  2. The dual sink lights go to full brightness at a 3400k color
  3. The vanity light turns on to 85% at 3000k
  4. The Van Halen playlist starts on the bathroom speaker
I just need it to start soaking a brush and I'd be set :lol:. I'm sure I'll use it all excitedly this week, then promptly forget about it like the other home automations I've setup.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I was insprired by @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker's lights and put some RGB LED's into the den last night. The phone app is cool and lets you adjust a lot, but I really enjoyed linking them to my home automation (in my case, google home). Took about 10 min to setup my first "shaving" routine.

1. All the speakers in all the rooms announce "Master Flask is going to shave" (The kids will hack that out soon I'm sure)
I just need it to start soaking a brush and I'd be set :lol:. I'm sure I'll use it all excitedly this week, then promptly forget about it like the other home automations I've setup.

HAHA! That is too funny! Yes, embarrass them all in the name of wet shaving, I love it! 🤣

But I also love that I inspired you in some way. The very first smart home cost millions, and because of the high costs, smart homes never really caught on. 30+ years later, we can now do it ourselves pennies off the dollar. It really was a nice revolution IMO.

Now enjoy them shaves, its your time, you've earned it, time to shave. Speaking of which, I need to shave today too. But I will do it later, too busy hanging out on B&B 😂

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.

Since you set it up how many times have Google offered you shaving gear and eighties rock anthem albums?

So I just got back into wet shaving after a long beard-related hiatus. 60 days in and I already have more software that I ever had before. Got a simple shelf to hold everything but soon realized I was digging thru soaps to find what I wanted. When we moved into this rental there were cheap shelves everywhere. Barely hung on walls with screws but no anchors. Fast forward to needing a solution for the stacked soaps and small shelf. A couple dry wall hangers later.

Attachments

• ADF4E78C-2C03-41C3-A167-7C7736AC2C66.jpeg
    ADF4E78C-2C03-41C3-A167-7C7736AC2C66.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Why do you need three strops? Or is it a straight razor thing that a DE user like myself wouldn't understand?
The first 2 are different leathers that will have different draw. One on left is horsehide and the right is bridle leather. The far right white one is just cotton that I will eventually coat with chromium oxide for blade polishing.

Reactions: CCS
I don't have a traditional shave den as I live full-time in an RV. But I keep all my brushes and razors in a shoe box I lined the bottom and it works perfectly! My soaps I keep mine in a hanging shoe rack on the back of the bathroom door. The splashes hang out in a plastic tub on the bathroom shelf. This also keeps it all safe when I move. I move every 30 days so this works out very well.

Attachments

• tempImage6m8tmP.png
    tempImage6m8tmP.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
  • tempImageLdz4a1.png
    tempImageLdz4a1.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 23
  • tempImagedQfj7R.png
    tempImagedQfj7R.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 26
Working on a bigger case! I still have to get some new latches and clean up a few spots. The plan is to make some sort of stand on top for soap and brushes.

20221015_114214.jpg

It's an electronics rack that was going to be tossed. I used plywood with flocking and cheap drawer slides. Also an LED string.

20221015_114507.jpg

A place for strops...

20221015_113859.jpg

This is my den, the only thing I plan on adding is a Varlet Megalith 29mm XD knot.

I have my one razor, that I use daily, WR2 Ti SB 1.25
One blade Perma Sharp
4 brushes, Varlet, ZT4, ZT3 and a Wald A1
2 different soaps, Grooming Department Kairos SE, Ethos F Base

So here it is:

ED5B8F0C-2418-4CED-B4E6-F46589C8A13C.jpeg
DA85E0AE-A8FE-407B-A35D-0FC6A6ABD9D4.jpeg
3A959566-7B3E-4809-88AB-602B0489E66A.jpeg

I have enough Perma Sharps, using each blade 4 times and shaving daily to last me for 10 years

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Such beautiful gear, I especially appreciate the perfection of those brushes you have, primarily the one all the way on the left, I was looking at the brush knot, and I was surprised to see the absolute perfection of symmetry, brought fourth by, the supreme scissor cutting skills, of the supreme artisan. Excellent organization of all your gear as well. I love it! 😍

Now, I can't believe that I forgot to update this thread, with a minor update. Well, actually I can believe it, cause I am getting old, and I forget stuff. One of these days I am not going to remember my own name, and then I'll be ready to be admitted in @FarmerTan Arko kingdom Asylum. 🤪

For those who may not have seen my razor gear, brushes, and cherry wood stand, have a look...

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Not much has changed with the stand, other then adding a new razor to it, PAA Copper Ascension, can I get a cheer from Copper lovers in the wet shaving world? Heck yeah, am I right or what? Double open comb baby, smoothest razor you could have, resting pretty on that hand made artisan stand. I have much appreciation for this arrangement I can tell you that.

Now, I have much less pride in my medicine cabinet I can tell you that, 40-years hasn't been kind to it. But, as long as it still holds my shaving gear, I aint gonna bother wasting money in replacing it. So, as you can see, I have it loaded in DE blades of lots of brands. Can you guess which brand is my favorite? HEHE. I will give you one hint, there is a "W" in the name.

proxy.php

I got 250 more of them Wizamets under the sink, I gotta buy more blades, so I can have 1000 blades HAHA. 😁

And finally, how about a shelf update? Soaps and aftershaves, you can never have enough, the AD continues...

proxy.php

proxy.php

And thats all the update I have, because now that my shaving life has been in order for awhile now, I have been working on upgrading my coffee life, so those are where my concerns are now folks. Thanks for your eyeballs, I appreciate your time, have a great shave, have a great day! 😎

Such beautiful gear, I especially appreciate the perfection of those brushes you have, primarily the one all the way on the left, I was looking at the brush knot, and I was surprised to see the absolute perfection of symmetry, brought fourth by, the supreme scissor cutting skills, of the supreme artisan. Excellent organization of all your gear as well. I love it! 😍

Now, I can't believe that I forgot to update this thread, with a minor update. Well, actually I can believe it, cause I am getting old, and I forget stuff. One of these days I am not going to remember my own name, and then I'll be ready to be admitted in @FarmerTan Arko kingdom Asylum. 🤪

For those who may not have seen my razor gear, brushes, and cherry wood stand, have a look...

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Not much has changed with the stand, other then adding a new razor to it, PAA Copper Ascension, can I get a cheer from Copper lovers in the wet shaving world? Heck yeah, am I right or what? Double open comb baby, smoothest razor you could have, resting pretty on that hand made artisan stand. I have much appreciation for this arrangement I can tell you that.

Now, I have much less pride in my medicine cabinet I can tell you that, 40-years hasn't been kind to it. But, as long as it still holds my shaving gear, I aint gonna bother wasting money in replacing it. So, as you can see, I have it loaded in DE blades of lots of brands. Can you guess which brand is my favorite? HEHE. I will give you one hint, there is a "W" in the name.

proxy.php

I got 250 more of them Wizamets under the sink, I gotta buy more blades, so I can have 1000 blades HAHA. 😁

And finally, how about a shelf update? Soaps and aftershaves, you can never have enough, the AD continues...

proxy.php

proxy.php

And thats all the update I have, because now that my shaving life has been in order for awhile now, I have been working on upgrading my coffee life, so those are where my concerns are now folks. Thanks for your eyeballs, I appreciate your time, have a great shave, have a great day! 😎
Thank you for your comments @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Top Bottom