What's new

The last tin you finished

Just finished a tin of Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake over the course of the past month. Smoked it almost exclusively and figured I’d be ready for something else from the cellar by the time the tin was empty.

I think I’ll just pop another tin of it instead. Such a simple and satisfying Virginia tobacco.

16198401049908735940536990694753.jpg

I've been smoking again for just over 3 months, and the closest I've come to finishing a pouch is the Half & Half 1.5 oz. packet I bought early on. It's not quite gone, but I've ordered a new one so I won't run out. Of course I don't smoke but 2-4 times a week.

Just finished off a can of C&D Sansepolcro, opened some time around a year ago. I know I rehydrated it at least once, but it still smokes fine. I‘ve three more cans in the cellar, but I won’t be opening another for a while, as I try to winnow down my smoking stock.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
On the way home today, I polished off the last of my car tin of EGR. It's been in there about 4 months, and will be missed (until my next order or I see it in the wild).
WV sells EGR in bulk and I’m going to get another four ounces next time I order a tin of Granger which looks to be soon. It took much of a tin to really “get it” but now I don’t want to be without it. The deeper I get into these codgers, the more I enjoy them. What I get most is satisfaction. Granger, PA, SWR etc. there is just nothing like them. I’ve never had tobacco that was any better. I’m glad I finally went down this road. Almost every time I smoke a boutique blend, I sit there wishing I had put a codger in the bowl instead and feel like I missed an opportunity somehow.

WV sells EGR in bulk and I’m going to get another four ounces next time I order a tin of Granger which looks to be soon. It took much of a tin to really “get it” but now I don’t want to be without it. The deeper I get into these codgers, the more I enjoy them. What I get most is satisfaction. Granger, PA, SWR etc. there is just nothing like them. I’ve never had tobacco that was any better. I’m glad I finally went down this road. Almost every time I smoke a boutique blend, I sit there wishing I had put a codger in the bowl instead and feel like I missed an opportunity somehow.
Somehow I have trouble thinking of EGR as a codger or drugstore blend -- not at ca. $6 an ounce. But yes, Granger, Sir Walter, and especially Half & Half have become my favorites in the ~6 months I've been back to pipe smoking.

I'm down to the last tiny crumbs of H & H in my first pouch. Time to break the plastic open on the new one!

Top Bottom