What's new

Phantom Aerolite brush

I just got my new Phantom Aerolite brush from Phoenix Shaving. It is a beaut! It goes so well with the colors of the bathroom of our new house too!
proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice. Is there any difference wrt to the knot of the PAA Amber Aerolite brush?
Googled it.

"With this release we are also introducing our latest, NEW hybrid knot, The Spectral Synth! Fans of our knots, especially the Roswell Grey (Peregrino/Starcraft Knot), will immediately recognize the similarity in feel and performance. In fact, the only real difference is the color and The Size (26mm)! "

I just ordered it as well. I love my other PAA Synthetic Brushes but didn’t have this Knot and have heard great things about it. Added some CK6 CAD because I finished my normal CAD and enjoyed it.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have two PAA brushes, the Solar Flare synthetic and the Amber Aerolite Stygian Hybrid synthetic. Very cool-looking brushes that are a pleasure to use. That Phantom is really nice! Best of luck with it. That looks like a Timberwolf synthetic. So cool I had to pick one up! Thanks, comrade!

Last edited:
I have two PAA brushes, the Solar Flare synthetic and the Amber Aerolite Stygian Hybrid synthetic. Very cool-looking brushes that are a pleasure to use. That Phantom is really nice! Best of luck with it. That looks like a Timberwolf synthetic. So cool I had to pick one up! Thanks, comrade!
Subject to your experience: is there any significant difference between these two knots (solar flare vs amber arolite) in terms of backbone and softness of the tips? I'm asking since the new brush basically features the knot of the solar flare but in a 26mm version.
Since I already have the 24mm amber arolite, I wonder....

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Subject to your experience: is there any significant difference between these two knots (solar flare vs amber arolite) in terms of backbone and softness of the tips? I'm asking since the new brush basically features the knot of the solar flare but in a 26mm version.

The new brush knot resembles a Timberwolf.

The Solar Flare is a completely different knot and more closely resembles the Cashmere - in looks and feel:

solar-flare-24mm-nexus-hybrid-synth.jpg

(pic courtesy of the PAA site)

The Roswell (Grey) Hybrid Synth is my favored PAA knot.

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy

Sorry...have been pegged all day. In my opinion, the Amber Aerolite has a little bit more backbone. The Solar Flare is a very soft and pliable brush.

The new brush knot resembles a Timberwolf.

The Solar Flare is a completely different knot and more closely resembles the Cashmere - in looks and feel:

View attachment 1259152
(pic courtesy of the PAA site)

The Roswell (Grey) Hybrid Synth is my favored PAA knot.
I see.

Maybe I misinterpreted the statement on PAA's webpage:

The Spectral Synth! Fans of our knots, especially the Roswell Grey (Peregrino/Starcraft Knot), will immediately recognize the similarity in feel and performance. In fact, the only real difference is the color and The Size! "

I see.

Maybe I misinterpreted the statement on PAA's webpage:

The Spectral Synth! Fans of our knots, especially the Roswell Grey (Peregrino/Starcraft Knot), will immediately recognize the similarity in feel and performance. In fact, the only real difference is the color and The Size! "
I have 4 PAA brushes: Amber Aerolite, Solar Flare, Atomic Rocket, and Green Ray. They are all different (although they share typical synthetic brush features, I.e. soft tips).

The Phantom Aerolite knot is going to be the same as the Starcraft and Peregrino brushes except for size. The Roswell Grey knot in those two brushes has nice reviews.

Search for Peregrino in the Brush section and you’ll find some of them.

Wow! What a good looking brush! Definitely going to try and trade for one, and if I don’t find one it will for sure go on my list to purchase post sabbatical! Congrats on the brush!

Top Bottom