What's new

GIVEAWAY! Yet another PIF! 1947/48 Gillette Super Speed razor

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Here is my third razor PIF in two weeks. As I mentioned in a couple other posts, I hate accumulating too much stuff in my shave den, and I like to move out stuff I do not use. This razor was acquired from eBay (I think, could have been the BST) some years ago, and I do like it. But I tended to use the Tech and my flare tips (regular and red tip) more often and this one has not had much love lately. So off to an adoptive home she goes, hopefully to be loved and treasured.

Mine is in very good shape, but is covered in soap scum, so needs a Scrubbing Bubbles workup before posting pics of it. But I will update in the thread when I get that done. For now, here are a couple of pirated pics from teh Intarwebz. Mine is in perfect mechanical condition, and if you find yourself loving this razor enough to use it frequently, it's a fine candidate for having the nickel plating redone, I think. I will do the Wheel of Names on Friday, August 30 and try to put it in the mail on Saturday.

As with all my PIFs I do not like to restrict geography, but if you are in Europe or Asia, feel free to be IN if you are willing to pay actual shipping less $9 USD (what I'd pay to ship it stateside). Good luck!

Representative photos (not mine):

proxy.php

Not in as I already have one, but the winner will be getting a fantastic razor. In fact you might want to throw in one of those black 7 O'Clocks so the winner can experience a perfect shave like I did with mine.😄

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
OK, here it is cleaned up a bit with some Scrubbing Bubbles and alcohol. Looks pretty good!

SS2.jpg

SS3.jpg

SS1.jpg

I don't know why I never used it, but you can see what I mean about it being a candidate for a re-nickel job. As a tool, it will shave great day 1. But if the winner finds he likes using it often, it might make a nice restoration job.

Respectfully not in. I have the Rocket HD a very similar Razor.
A great opportunity for someone to experience Vintage Gillette Quality.

Top Bottom