What's new

GIVEAWAY! Let the PIFs continue! Merkur 37C slant razor

I'm in.

My go-to razor is a Merkur 34C. It was the first DE razor I got back over a decade ago when I first started, and I don't collect razors, so it's one of only two that I currently have and use. So I'm curious to compare it to my faithful old 34C.

Well, after a bout of new purchases, I'm trying to thin the heard in my shave den of things that don't get used, one of which is the Merkur 37C slant razor.

View attachment 1899715

It's not a bad shaver, it is not more aggressive or more difficult to use than the 34C (except for straightening off sideburns, I sometime look a little like Spock). I just never use it. Frankly I can't tell the difference between the shave with a 34C or 37C, and I'm not alone. Some significant percentage of folks who use a slant swear by them, others wonder what all the hullabaloo is about. But to me, it's just clutter, so hopefully someone will adopt it and give it a good home.

If you've not tried a slant and want to see which camp you fall into, or if you have another slant and want to try this classic, hop on IN! This is open to international shavers, I hate to limit it, but if your shipping is way more than U.S. I may ask you to venmo or PayPal me shipping minus $9 (what I'd pay for a small one-rate box in the U.S.). But you're welcome to participate. I'll probably do the wheel of names next Saturday, August 31.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Always wanted to try a slant and see if I find it better or if I even notice a difference. Count me in and thank you.

rip spock GIF

All respect, not in. But you got me with that Spock comment. 🤣

I often do a J-hook on the concave parts of my neck left and right of my Adam's apple. Is it advisable to do this with a slant, or will that draw blood?

Top Bottom