What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French press. Black.

We're looking at a high around 79° for Music City today. Partly cloudy with a chance of showers. About 6 hours of sleep last night. I got an evening shave and shower in before bed. Falling asleep smelling of Bootlegger's El Dorado is simply divine.

Back in my studio from 6 - 10 pm this evening.

Have a blessed Thursday, my friends.

Well it’s a mighty fine morning ain’t it, fellers?!?!?! Up and moving so that is a positive. Fixed a couple cups of Major Dickasons beans using the trusty ol’Moccamaster, and slurped down black. Playing ‘Folsom Prison Blues’ on my acoustic guitar this morning because I’ve frequented a few different jail cells in my past (seems like a long time ago thank goodness). Between jail stays, psych wards, the cold concrete of city streets I’m ever so blessed to be able to wake up in a safe, dry place with warm happy people who care about me. Life is nice 👍🏻- peace 🕊️

IMG_4592.JPG

G'day all,
Macchiato for me today.
Had a sleep in and then made dinner, meatballs (I like using a mix of pork and lamb mince) in tomato sauce with polenta and zucchini with a bit for lemon zest and juice, a lovely meal.

So much to learn and explore, which I enjoy. Thank you @rudygu for your thoughts on extraction of solids. I think you're exactly right and all the variables of grind, dose, pre infusion time and pressure and length of pull all make a difference. Espresso can be very good and then yet still better by making small adjustments. Today was even tastier than yesterday by changing only one variable, tightening up the grind a bit. May add a dose adjustment tomorrow.
picturecache_0.jpg

So much to learn and explore, which I enjoy. Thank you @rudygu for your thoughts on extraction of solids. I think you're exactly right and all the variables of grind, dose, pre infusion time and pressure and length of pull all make a difference. Espresso can be very good and then yet still better by making small adjustments. Today was even tastier than yesterday by changing only one variable, tightening up the grind a bit. May add a dose adjustment tomorrow.
I agree. It is incredibly satisfying to balance all those variables and pull a great shot of espresso. Like so many hobbies the enjoyment truly begins once you’ve gained enough understanding of the technical aspects to intuitively use them without having to think so much about them. I feel like I’m just beginning to reach that point, but have so much more to learn. Using the Flair with a pressure gauge has helped a lot. The manual lever allows so much feel and instant feedback I can tell right away if I’ve ground too fine, too coarse or in a good range and adjust my pull accordingly. My goal is to gently pre infuse and properly saturate the puck, steadily ramp up to 6-8 bar and then back off as I see the shot start to blonde. That almost always results in a drinkable shot and then I‘ll make small adjustments in future pulls.

I can only imagine what the process must be like with the Nurri and its level of build quality, precision and customization. I love seeing your photos!

I made two brews this morning with Bean & Bean Coffee Roasters (Little Neck, NY) - Kenya Peaberry beans.

The first brew was with the Hario Switch using the Lance Hedrick Two-Pour recipe (with Tales Coffee stir after final pour). That brew did not turn out well with the settings I used so made a second brew.

The second brew was with the glass Kalita Wave 155 using the Project Barista 155 recipe. That one turned out pretty well. I think I will dial in this recipe and see if I can pull out more tasting notes.

How’s it going, fellow coffee enthusiasts! Up after I went to bed very early in the evening yesterday. I’m plenty rested so I drank a can of Starbucks Nitro vanilla sweet cream so far today. It’s not bad I picked them up at Target yesterday. I have been in the mood for something a little different from my normal coffee routine, so these nitro coffee cans might do the trick. I’ll fix a pot of joe when family awakens for the day. Going to help decorate for my nieces birthday party so that will be fun 🤩. Glad and happy are both apt descriptions of my current state of being, so all is swell with me and I pray you all are the same. Peace 🕊️

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French press. Black.

It's a rainy morning here in Music City, as expected. Only hitting 71° today with a low of 63° tonight. Maybe 3 hours of sleep last night. I didn't get out of my studio until 1 am or so but we got a bunch of work done. Today I'm just going to stay home and rest. These rainy Autumn mornings are quite peaceful. Grateful to the Creator for another day.

Happy Friday, my friends.

giphy.gif

We are getting a lot of rain in East TN. We will see what the next few hours brings
Turns out it was wind more than rain here. we still have an hour or two more before it slows down, but I’ve lost a large oak tree and some large maple and poplar branches around the property as well. It’ll be a busy fall for me when golf season ends (and once the phone company clears and repairs their lines) and that’s not a bad thing I suppose. If this is the worst of it I consider myself fortunate.
IMG_1005.jpeg

Top Bottom