What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

I signed up for a subscription to Trade Coffee in order to expand my knowledge of roasts and beans. Unlike "wine of the month clubs", this coffee of the month program has been great. So far, my favorites have been: Huckleberry Civitas and Honduras Sergio Enamorado, Alma Essence, Sightglass Banner Dark, Anodyne Mind Tonic Espresso, Bird Rock Blend and Joe Coffee Benchmark.
I periodically sign up to Trade for the same reason and completely agree with your assessment. I haven’t tried any of the ones you listed, but I’ll be looking into them for sure as I’ve become fairly obsessed with espresso myself!

Some predawn nector to enjoy at first crack of the sky.
picturecache_0.jpg

@BigAlVista Thanks for that. I'm a home roaster but if I lived in the USA I would not home roast given all the options are of fresh coffee subscriptions and cheap shipping. However, I'm going to be in the US for seven weeks this Fall and would like to explore different coffees.

Some predawn nector to enjoy at first crack of the sky. View attachment 1912862
@BigAlVista Thanks for that. I'm a home roaster but if I lived in the USA I would not home roast given all the options are of fresh coffee subscriptions and cheap shipping. However, I'm going to be in the US for seven weeks this Fall and would like to explore different coffees.
Nice Machine! Glad to help.

I nearly bought the Robot in that same green color several times, but it was never in stock when I was ready to buy and the shipping costs were so high I ended up getting a Flair Pro 2. Love that tactile experience as well. I fretted over the smaller portafilter at first, but I’ve come to really like the deeper puck.

the truly manual side is what makes it so fun I feel maybe shaving with a straight for sure a niche thing :)

Flanders

Stupid sexy Wing Nut
Based on those being my favorites for cortados and latte's, does anyone have any suggestions for other roasters and blends?
There is probably a better way, but what I do is look on Coffee Review at the latest high ranking coffee and then look at who the roaster is, then look on their website and see if any of them sound appealing. The logic is that they are a highly rated roaster even if I don't like whatever random coffee I clicked on. I have also been known to zoom to a random state on google maps and search for roasters, found a few that way! If I had the money, I was going to anyway actually, I would order coffee direct from Hawaii. One recommendation though, try to find some good Panama that is not Gesha, something mid priced. They are nearly 90% of the more exclusive ones(quality wise).

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
☕ Good Morning Coffee Crew ☕

Coffee: Equator - Tigerwalk Espresso
Scale: Timemore Black Mirror Nano
WDT: Pesado 58.5 Clump Crusher
Brewer: Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0
Temp: 200F PreSoak: 1-Minute
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso+

full

full

Good morning coffee crew, I hope everyone is doing splendidly, and if not, lend me your ear, and I will say something funny. Today I am having 6-Cups of Tigerwalk Espresso, in my 30-OZ Yeti Tumbler. Fresher beans always tastes better with the medium and light roasts. With dark roasts, you can get away with it a little bit, when they begin to turn, but not light to medium roasts. Begin the walk of the tiger, show us your timber, delicious! :cuppa:

back off dynasties GIF by BBC America

So I laid back down for a few hours. Now I can make something a little better. 8 OZ or 6 shots of Lavazza Crema E Gusto made in the Luxhaus moka pot and then cycled through one of my Hyper Chillers and mixed with some brown sugar and some oat milk. Like @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker in my 30 OZ Yeti. It would have been 12 OZ or 8 shots, but, I made a boo boo with my 2 cup moka pot and it is no more. Fear not via the BST I have secured funds for a new one. After all 12 OZ of espresso is better than 8.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Mad Priest Sloth Dispelling. French press. Black.

Partly cloudy with a high around 85° today for Music City. Maybe 5 hours of sleep last night. I got home from my studio around 10 or so but it took me a while to wind down. No plans today other than having lunch with a friend later. I won't mention the place or Darth @Osyri might show up there wanting blades. 😆

Have a blessed Wednesday, friends.

Like Waylon Jennings sang so many years ago,”I’ve been down to Mississippi and down to New Orleans, I’ve played in California there ain’t too much I haven’t seen.” This morning it was some mixture of beans using the Moccamaster to brew that concoction up, and drank black. Hoping, wishing and definitely praying that the day is smooth and steady with no hiccups (and if there are any hiccups might they be remedied rather quickly). Keep y’all’s heads up and play tough as if you couldn’t do it any other way! Peace 🕊️

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
We’re up in Jacksonville now, heading home later this afternoon as the rain moves in.

Still, it’s a nice morning. I got up early, before the moon set. It was a lovely sight.

New Yeti French Press is ready, as my phone timer just alerted me. Don Pablo Signature Blend: our regular.

IMG_4525.jpg

G'day all!
Latte and some dates today. Never had this variety of dates before (mazafati), they're lovely and soft and creamy, and almost half the box I bought yesterday is gone already. Going to have to buy more next week I think, also maybe some for making the christmas fruitcake.
At the same shop I also bought some lavender water to use as a fragrance or aftershave (like rosewater), and they had all sorts of other waters/hydrosols/distillates I've never seen or heard of before. I think chamomile hydrosol might work well as an aftershave splash, also curious about mint and licorice. Also some interesting colognes. Attached the photos if anyone is curious, not sure if it's relevant to other threads, but I think it's ok to go a little off topic here.

Attachments

• IMG_4515.JPG
    IMG_4515.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4512.JPG
    IMG_4512.JPG
  • IMG_4511.JPG
    IMG_4511.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4510.JPG
    IMG_4510.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4509.JPG
    IMG_4509.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4508.JPG
    IMG_4508.JPG
  • IMG_4517.JPG
    IMG_4517.JPG
    880.6 KB · Views: 3
Good morning everyone. Been away from posting in general for a bit. When home, I've been in a groove of having an early Nespresso Melozio with touch of sweet cream during my quiet time. After a workout, emails and a few chores, I have a poor man's flat white using Cafe Bustelo instant coffee. The LOTH has even taken to using the same flat white set up.

Grace and peace!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning everyone. Been away from posting in general for a bit. When home, I've been in a groove of having an early Nespresso Melozio with touch of sweet cream during my quiet time. After a workout, emails and a few chores, I have a poor man's flat white using Cafe Bustelo instant coffee. The LOTH has even taken to using the same flat white set up.

Grace and peace!
Great to see you back, sir.

Good morning, coffee crew.

Mad Priest Sloth Dispelling. French press. Black.

Partly cloudy with a high around 85° today for Music City. Maybe 5 hours of sleep last night. I got home from my studio around 10 or so but it took me a while to wind down. No plans today other than having lunch with a friend later. I won't mention the place or Darth @Osyri might show up there wanting blades. 😆

Have a blessed Wednesday, friends.
You too, Eric.

Top Bottom