What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Day two in my work week, so early morning americanos for two. I spent a couple hours yesterday reading reviews of the Nurri coffee machine on on-line forums around the world. Seems these threads are impervious to calm conversations!

I understand people are passionate about many subjects, however to die on every hill baffles me. Coffee, bikes, cars, tool boxes and sports are just a few subjects that people seem to argue about with great passion. I have a relative that is super particular about everything. It’s like having a giant toddler to deal with. No matter what anyone says the conversation escalates into an argument. I chose to distance myself years ago.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I understand people are passionate about many subjects, however to die on every hill baffles me. Coffee, bikes, cars, tool boxes and sports are just a few subjects that people seem to argue about with great passion. I have a relative that is super particular about everything. It’s like having a giant toddler to deal with. No matter what anyone says the conversation escalates into an argument. I chose to distance myself years ago.

"We hereby resolve to bicker only over a LACK of coffee, and appreciate all the many types under heaven." ayyyymen

AA

IMG_4198.jpeg

The calm inclusiveness on this forum almost universally is remarkable.

The lovely GF and I played darts again for a few hours yesterday at Dolan's in Franklin, TN.
We’ve been in Franklin since Sunday so it’s been hotel coffee for me. There are plenty of coffee shops around that I’m sure are great, but the golf schedule has been quite demanding. Hopefully the rain will stay away from the course this morning. The forecast doesn’t look too bad, but we will probably get a little.
IMG_9391.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
We’ve been in Franklin since Sunday so it’s been hotel coffee for me. There are plenty of coffee shops around that I’m sure are great, but the golf schedule has been quite demanding. Hopefully the rain will stay away from the course this morning. The forecast doesn’t look too bad, but we will probably get a little.

Ha, we probably passed each other at some point. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. ⛳

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Eight O'Clock Original. French press. Black.

It's 71° in Nashville right now with a high around 82°. I woke up several times last night but finally dozed off again. It looks like we may get some rain today but I hope we don't for Trevor and his son's sake. See above post.

Have a blessed Tuesday, friends.

So, this past Friday, the Major's older daughter graduated from high school. So, this past weekend, was time for a low-key celebration. He & his CO dressed up the new sunroom:

20240601_111052.jpg

20240601_110736.jpg

All went well. Today, though, it's time for artsy coffee pix. This morning, it's an iced espresso of CO Coffee from local roaster One Village Coffee. While the Major was disappointed w/coffee from them in the past, this one is markedly better.

20240604_104920.jpg

-MO

Last edited:

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
On the road, day 3. The morning cup was Peet's Single Origin Dark Roast Sumatra, processed in the Hack-A-Vac. It's a little more labour intensive than a drip machine, and first thing in the morning I ain't generally into "labour intensive" but what the heck; I'm on vacation. I can move at a different pace.

Well, time to wash up the dishes and go see what fun there is to be had along some of the backroads of my youth.

O.H.

Flanders

Stupid sexy Wing Nut
Have you tried Kuju? It's a little pricey for at home use, but nice to have around and great for travel. You just need hot water in something for pouring; I pinch the top of a cup into a pouring spout and then find some where to fill it. I usually have an insulated mug of some kind with me, taller and skinnier works better.

It looks like we may get some rain today but I hope we don't for Trevor and his son's sake.
Thanks! We did get some, but not enough to stop play. With a 2.5 hour drive home afterwards that was my main priority. We are back on the road for an event in Ringgold, GA in the morning. That one is a 1 day qualifier, so it won’t impact my coffee.
Have you tried Kuju? It's a little pricey for at home use, but nice to have around and great for travel. You just need hot water in something for pouring; I pinch the top of a cup into a pouring spout and then find some where to fill it. I usually have an insulated mug of some kind with me, taller and skinnier works better.
I have not, but I think I will. Hotel and gas station coffee does start to wear on me after 1-2 days. Thanks for the recommendation!

Top Bottom