What's new

What TV series you watching?

There's some crap out there, but there's some gems too.
I personally find it easier to get in the mindset by at least binging a season.
Any less than that and it's hard to forget you're watching a cartoon and just enjoying the humor.
Archer and Rick and Morty I can do pretty easy.
Never really got into Ren and Stimpy or Beavis and Butthead either.
We seem frequently like the same person, Phil.

<Family Guy used to be pretty good. I'm not a fan of Simpsons, American Dad or Bobs Burgers.>

I think Family Guy is still pretty good much of the time. Simpsons was once excellent, but that was, what, 40 years ago? It is not very good now. Agree re Am Dad and BB, especially BB.

<Archer and Rick and Morty I can do pretty easy.>

For sure.

<Never really got into Ren and Stimpy or Beavis and Butthead either.>

I thought Beavis and Butthead was pretty good back in the day, but seems dated now. Hard to watch.

The Hank Hill cartoon :) whatever the name is, was also okay. But seems dated. I still like South Park, but it is uneven.

Longmire was great. It took a while for Titus W to work as Bosch for me, but he grew on me. The books are better, but the show pretty good. I think Lincoln Lawyer may be better than the Bosch shows. It is somehow close to the books, but has its own flavor.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
We seem frequently like the same person, Phil.

<Family Guy used to be pretty good. I'm not a fan of Simpsons, American Dad or Bobs Burgers.>

I think Family Guy is still pretty good much of the time. Simpsons was once excellent, but that was, what, 40 years ago? It is not very good now. Agree re Am Dad and BB, especially BB.

<Archer and Rick and Morty I can do pretty easy.>

For sure.

<Never really got into Ren and Stimpy or Beavis and Butthead either.>

I thought Beavis and Butthead was pretty good back in the day, but seems dated now. Hard to watch.

The Hank Hill cartoon :) whatever the name is, was also okay. But seems dated. I still like South Park, but it is uneven.
I like Futurama too, though it's pretty tame.

I like Futurama too, though it's pretty tame.
Futurama is/was great. Tame, but I would say it had character development. Very imaginative.

The problem with Simpsons, is that it became too tame over time, and I suspect it has just been on for too long. Things have a natural progression. You cannot stay fresh forever. The characters were really mean to each other in the beginning.

I am probably a bigger Seth MacFarlane fan that a lot of folks are. I thought the Teds and A Million Ways to Die were very funny, but I may be in the minority. American Dad just ever seemed to get its feet under it. I was thinking Bob's Burgers was MacFarlane, but it does not seem to be. Way too tame.

I've fallen down the network TV rabbit hole with new detective shows. I'm on seasons to of The Irrational (NBC) and Elsbeth (CBS) and seasons one of Matlock (CBS) and High Potential (ABC). I was into Will Trent and So Help Me Todd last year, but I don't see them coming back.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Don't know if it's been brought up here before.
For Bosch & Lincoln Lawyer fans.
Both series are based on books by the same author (can't remember his name).
In the books Harry Bosch & Mickey Haller are half brothers and each appears in the other's books.
Unfortunately, the film rights to each are owned by different company's (Netflix for Lincoln Lawyer, Prime for Bosch). So it's unlikely that Bosch can appear in season 4 of LL.
But it would be utterly awesome if it happened.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Sweetpea. Prime.
Just started it an hour ago.
Ella Purnell as Rhiannon (called Sweetpea by her boss). I swear she's the reincarnation of a very young Robin Tunny.
4/5

Just fnished season two of The Old Man. I found it to be a poor follow up to the first. Too much pointless dialogue; John Lithgow's character, Harold, in particular seemed to serve no real function other than to ask a lot of questions that would then prompt exposition. It really felt like they had enough material for four or five episodes but were contracted for eight.

Sadly, Jeff Bridges seemed to have aged considerably between the series and, the show's title notwithstanding, seemed barely capable of delivering most of his lines. Perhaps that is why they needed Lithgow to push the plot along. I won't be tuning in for the third, even if they do manage to complete it.

Top Bottom