What's new

What shave and scent does one wear to a Strike Picket line?

I find myself in the unusual position of participating in a Strike Picket. Having never done this before...
Question is what to shave with and scent to wear?

Are you serious???? 🤔

It’s not the stubble or the scent that you’re wearing, it’s the sign 🪧 that you’re carrying that matters.

Stick to the essentials…

1726560301115.jpeg

B.

Last edited:
Let's stick to the scent. The political situation is irrelevant.
I must insist that the situation is hardly irrelevant to the choice of scent ...!
The whole point with scent connoisseurship is good judgement not just of style, but also of context.
The problem is, that the OP raised a good question. What is an appropriate scent for a strike ..??!!
And then the challenge of course, is to stay with that topic, and not stray into the irrelevant distraction of political substance ...

I would go with something rather plain, I think. Perhaps Nivea... :sleep12:
Or, upon reflection, maybe Paco Rabanne's 1 Million ... 🤑

Last edited by a moderator:
Or, upon reflection, maybe Paco Rabanne's 1 Million ... 🤑
Oh my!
I don't think I'm man enough to pull that one off.
And I agree with your choice of Nivea.
I think I'm starting to lean towards the more gentle scents. I think I may give Old Spice a shot.
There's no desire to annoy or draw the attention of my marching brothers and sisters.

Last edited:
I think I'm starting to lean towards the more gentle scents. I think I may give Old Spice a shot.
There's no desire to annoy or draw the attention of my marching brothers and sisters.
wow. Around my hood I think Old Spice might impart association with some 1970s style hard core Leftie in the context of a picket line
But then, I guess Europe was very different from the US in the 1970s too. Such an interesting question, thanks for raising it.

Any opinions on a Bay Rum scent for walking the line?
Specifically PAA Classico Bay Rum. I am enjoying the fragrance but not sure if it would be appropriate for a bunch of up close walking with a shared mission gig.

Any opinions on a Bay Rum scent for walking the line?
Specifically PAA Classico Bay Rum. I am enjoying the fragrance but not sure if it would be appropriate for a bunch of up close walking with a shared mission gig.

Bay Rum = pirates

Picket lines = brothers and sisters who are not afraid to stand up for their rights

Both are sometimes associated with a wild bunch, so bay rum would fit IMO.

B.

Oh my!
I don't think I'm man enough to pull that one off.
And I agree with your choice of Nivea.
Are there any fragrance products that employ union labor? When I was a member of the IAM in the 1970s and 1980s, we were encouraged to buy only union made products. I later joined the Engineers and Architects union which had similar requests.

Are there any fragrance products that employ union labor? When I was a member of the IAM in the 1970s and 1980s, we were encouraged to buy only union made products. I later joined the Engineers and Architects union which had similar requests.
These are 2 that I know of... British Sterling cologne; English Leather cologne

Well now there's a thought that hadn't even occurred to me!
I'll explore that

Top Bottom