What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
The Fastest Indian

1726676267102.png

AnimalCatcher

Thinking of Ricardo Montalban
The Admirable Crichton (1957) with Kenneth More and Diane Cilento.
I watched The Admirable Crichton last night and I did enjoy it, but the resolution left me feeling a little depressed.

The island gadgets were really cool though, particularly the clamshell razor on a stick and the cuckoo clock with a shrimp instead of a bird. I wonder if Sherwood Schwartz saw this movie and got a bit of inspiration from it. :smile1:

I watched The Admirable Crichton last night and I did enjoy it, but the resolution left me feeling a little depressed.

The island gadgets were really cool though, particularly the clamshell razor on a stick and the cuckoo clock with a shrimp instead of a bird. I wonder if Sherwood Schwartz saw this movie and got a bit of inspiration from it. :smile1:
I thoroughly enjoyed it, and for the period it was set in, I can’t imagine it ending any other way. I’ve known people and seen interviews given by people who worked for the aristocracy and gentry pre - World War 1, and they were very loyal. A butler’s marriage to a lady would have been a major scandal and would have caused mortification among the masses. 😱

I watched part of Borderlands. It was a work event at one of those theaters that serves meals and beer. The Octoberfest was awesome, and the burgers are good as well. I left after I finished my 2nd beer. Somehow, despite not knowing how it ended, I was still able to sleep well last night.

Watership Down (1978) on Max. I read the book in the mid-70s and saw the film (cartoon) in the theater with my wife, when it came out. IMO, not really a movie for youngins, with rabbits fighting and killing each other, but with cable and internet kids are exposed much earlier to violence than our kids were. As a book, I preferred his Plague Dogs, but can't remember if I saw the film.

Watership Down (1978) on Max. I read the book in the mid-70s and saw the film (cartoon) in the theater with my wife, when it came out. IMO, not really a movie for youngins, with rabbits fighting and killing each other, but with cable and internet kids are exposed much earlier to violence than our kids were. As a book, I preferred his Plague Dogs, but can't remember if I saw the film.
haven't read either book, but found Plague Dogs to be a much more moving story

Top Bottom