What's new

Tech Appreciation Society

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_4069.jpeg

This weeks Tech is my beloved USA made Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.

IMG_0803.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Travel Tech 3rd Quarter, 1965 (South America)
Blade: Personna Platinum
Brush: Mühle Purist Silvertip Badger Ebonite
Soap: Grooming Department - Mallard Chai (sample)
Aftershave: Kwong Sang Hong - Two Girls Florida Water
Aftercare: Aloe Vera Gel
EdP: Armani Privé - Thé Yulong

I had to try out this razor at least once to see if I can handle it (pun intended). It turns out, I could. The Travel Tech is just that; a razor which is more suitable for when you're on the road and don't have a lot of extra luggage space. I was tempted to change the handle on the second pass, but I persevered and completed the entire shave with this very short handle. Result: CCS in two passes WTG with some touchups. I guess that is okay in a travel setting.

The Travel Tech is not a razor which I would use regularly for daily shaving and it's not likely that I'll use it for traveling either. It's a very good Tech and in pristine condition, I just don't see it having a place in my rotation. I might have to let this one go.

IMG_0833.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Tech (South America), 1966
Brush: Arno 28mm Silvertip Badger - Galactic Halberd
Cream: Twoface Brothers - Everest (sample)
Aftershave: POLA Galantom II
Aftercare: Osma Alum / Aloe Vera Gel
EdP: Creed - Himalaya

Much better shave today with this Gillette Tech from 1966. DFS++ in two passes WTG with some touchups. Quite amazing that a razor which is now almost 60 years old, is such a good shaver.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_4209.jpeg

Monday morning shave with my 1960’s English Gillette Plastic Handle Tech. This is my least favourite Gillette Tech. I just am not a fan of the lightness of the razor and I also struggle when I use it to get a good shave even though it has a Tech head.

IMG_0886.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Gold Ball-end Tech Post-War (1946-1950)
Brush: Maseto 25mm synthetic
Soap: Barrister and Mann - Seville (sample)
A/S: Barrister and Mann - Seville Aftershave Splash
EdT: Fées Beauté - Reims Vétiver

Lovely shave with this Gold NDC Tech. DFS in 2 passes WTG with touchups. No irritation, weepers or nicks. Just an easy, breezy Wednesday morning shave. The outstanding lather from B&M's Seville soap certainly helped move things along. This Tech is the favorite among the bunch. Each shave with it was amazing and I do like its looks. It is also beautifully preserved with almost no blemishes.

Top Bottom